Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

'Apollo 11' (2019)

COMPLETELY STUNNING.

I had to check I'd put the right film on, such was the perfectly transferred digital images of the archive footage. It looks and sounds perfect. It just lays out events of 7 days in 1969 and lets us absorb them. No interviews, no talking heads, no voice-over, no opinions, no scientists, no modern day thoughts, no re-enactments.

Just the events, unfolding before us.

Some of the manoeuvres that Apollo 11, Columbia and Eagle did were simply breathtaking. The humour that the 3 astronauts displayed was great to watch.

One of the greatest documentaries I've ever seen.

Welcome to the human race...
Dredd -

wonder what life's like in the timeline where this is on its third sequel already (ah hell, it might actually be worse)

Movie Forums Extra
Hi everyone. At last i seen "avengers endgame". It's amazing...

50th or 60th re-watch...I keep trying to think of something wrong with this movie, but I can't think of a thing. Lawrence Kasdan's direction is incredible...the last minute decision to delete all of the Alex scenes was genius and I love the way he tells large chunks of the story with his camera and no dialogue...the cast is perfection and it also boasts one of the five best movie soundtracks ever...

Welcome to the human race...
Gotti -

In a perfect world, this would have won the Worst Picture Razzie to complement Green Book's Best Picture Oscar (then again, would Green Book even win in a perfect world?)

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Room for Rent (Tommy Stovall, 2019): I've been a fan of Lin Shaye for years and here, she drives the film as a widow who rents her spare rooms out and she becomes obsessed with one new tenant in particular. Runs smoothly at 81 minutes and even has a few twists that break predictability.

Eyes and Prize (Oliver Cane, 2018): The Real World meets Oldboy in this film that starts out as a drama but delves into chaos as four random strangers enter an apartment thinking they are part of a reality show streaming live but find themselves in something far worse.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Gotti -

In a perfect world, this would have won the Worst Picture Razzie to complement Green Book's Best Picture Oscar (then again, would Green Book even win in a perfect world?)

What a completionist you are.

Into the Storm
(2016)
3.5/5
I thought since its tornado season here in Tornado Alley... I would start it off right.. This is one of my favorite scenes.

https://mindreels.files.wordpress.co...e-poster-4.jpg

I really wanted to like it but it seemed more a rough draft for the screwball comedies that followed. The wealthy characters are very one-dimensional and William Powell never seems remotely interested in Carol Lombard though based on her character, I can't blame him. I am curious about the David Niven version, though.

Girl on the Train (2016)

A slightly lesser quality of film compared to Gone Girl of around the same time. I only read part of the book, and the movie does a relatively good job of capturing the mystery surrounding the events and characters. Nothing special though.

Watching more Bunuel these days and really enjoying his films.
This summer, starting 11 of July, Teatro Campo Alegre in Porto, Portugal will show every Buñuel movie, won't miss one. I've only saw Belle de jour and Los olvidados.