My Favorite Non-Human Movie characters

Tools    

General Zod, Superman II

Terrence Stamp played the Kryptonian criminal mastermind who was not going to rest until Superman (Christopher Reeve) knelt before him.

Scarecrow, The Wizard of Oz

I loved Ray Bolger as the man of straw who only wanted a brain even though he was the smartest of Dorothy's new friends.

Gizmo, Gremlins

Howie Mandel gave voice to this furry little creature who was a great gift for young Billy (Zach Galligan) until he was exposed to light, fed after midnight, and got wet.

Rocket Raccoon, Guardians of the Galaxy

Bradley Cooper was the voice of this wisecracking starfighter in the middle of an intergalactic battle but more concerned about lining his own pockets.

Jessica Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Jessica (speaking voice by Kathleen Turner, singing voice by Amy Irving) is the nightclub singer married to a rabbit who adores her, but she cheats on him anyway.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I loved Ray Bolger as the man of straw who only wanted a brain even though he was the smartest of Dorothy's new friends.

This is who I was hoping was higher on your list than the Cowardly Lion. He's my favorite from the movie.

Jessica Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Jessica (speaking voice by Kathleen Turner, singing voice by Amy Irving) is the nightclub singer married to a rabbit who adores her, but she cheats on him anyway.

Jessica Rabbit higher than Roger Rabbit??? I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Wall-E, Wall- E

Wall-E (voiced by Ben Burtt) is a robot in an apocalyptic future who works as a garbage collector, is fascinated with the movie Hello Dolly! and is looking for romance.

A favorite of mine as well. The modest and self effacing Scarecrow was a joy, and a dear friend to Dorothy. You know, these ' non-humans ' from Oz seem almost human, they are so endearing.

Also loved the 'rubber jointed' way Ray Bolger moved.

Wall-E, Wall- E

Wall-E (voiced by Ben Burtt) is a robot in an apocalyptic future who works as a garbage collector, is fascinated with the movie Hello Dolly! and is looking for romance.

I love Wall-E, but he's much too low on the list.

Matisse, Down and Out in Beverly Hills

A dog named Mike stole every scene he was in playing Matisse, the spoiled dog of a wealthy Beverly Hills family who blows the family off after meeting the homeless guy (Nick Nolte) that the family takes in.

Felicity Fox, Fantastic Mr. Fox

Meryl Streep provided the voice for this stern, but loving wife and mother who always knew what her husband (voiced by George Clooney) was up to, even if she didn't always let him know.

The Wicked Witch of the West, The Wizard of Oz

Margaret Hamilton was robbed of an Oscar nomination for her brilliant performance as the bitter witch who vows revenge on Dorothy (Judy Garland) after Dorothy's house killed the witch's sister.

Michael, Michael

John Travolta was wonderful as an archangel who is discovered living at a hotel owned by a lonely innkeeper (Jean Stapleton) by three tabloid reporters (William Hurt, Andie McDowell, Robert Pastorelli)

When you started this list of "non-human movie characters", I expected it to be animals, robots, and other "non-human" characters.

I understand that this is your list, and your opinions, but I'm surprised at how many of the "non-human movie characters" on this list seem like "humans". I realize that they're not technically humans, but some of them just feel like humans, so I never would have considered them for this type of list.

Yeah, I wondered if including witches on the list was right, because they are kind of human and I even considered leaving out angels, which are basically dead humans, but some of them are such memorable movie characters I had to include them.

Looney tunes