Your pick to win the Super Bowl this year

Tools    

As I get older I feel like I can put some of my fanatical hatreds into better perspective and I'm able to put it into words a lot better. There are still a lot of times when I wonder why I even am a sports fan... but I guess that's just part of being a fan, eh?

Yeah, I really don't understand how anyone gets worked up about this stuff. I kinda did when I was younger, but that faded pretty quick. I assume it got easier for both of us when we got to experience a Super Bowl victory, but I'm pretty sure I'd have chilled out regardless. I get happy when my local teams do well, but man, I can't imagine getting mad when they don't, or deriving any self-esteem from their success.

Re: Jeter. He's pretty comically overrated (especially on defense), but most of the disagreements about players like him just go back to whether or not you think the postseason is the ultimate arbiter of skill/determiner of greatness, or largely random.

I don't know how football fans can deny them with a straight face.
If you mean the people who try to pretend they haven't been really good, yeah, that's just rhetorical overcompensation (which is rife on all sides of these arguments). More interesting to try to parse how good and figure out which factors are most responsible, which isn't entirely answerable but is still fun to analyze.

Let the night air cool you off
I predict the Patriots win by one tenth of a point that they somehow score in the last one tenth of a second in overtime because Tom Brady

Still think Saint/Pats would be a better game. I would watch some of that to see if Brees was gonna get a second ring. I probably won't catch too much of this one. It might be a close game but if the Rams make one or two mistakes Brady will get ahead early and it may be a blowout. The Rams had to be rooting for KC a little bit instead of dealing with these guys.

KC-LA was definitely the most exciting potential matchup, given how the last one went.

I think the Saints would've posed a bigger problem for either AFC team, too, which just adds to the bummer of them losing the way they did. The Rams seem a little scattered. Wouldn't shock me if they just get totally out-game-planned in a couple of weeks.

He's young enough, and football player names are often silly enough, that I legitimately don't know whether he was named after the Playstation or not.

First time this playoffs where I'll bet against the Patriots.

And all the sudden people think the patriots are unbeatable. Either there "trash" or "too good".

I actually think the no call is karma coming back to bite them (Saints) in the ass after the Steelers game. They get a call for a non existent PI in the end zone on a 4th and 1 which definitely screwed Pittsburg so it is fitting in my book.

Bad calls are part of the game and of course fans of the screwed team are going to complain, I know I do.

Still it is nice to not have to hear all the "Who Dat going Bowling" down hear in the south anymore. We have more Saints fans here in Pensacola than we do any Florida team because on the panhandle we are only like a 4 hour drive away from the Big Easy.

Anyway I got ragged on by the Saints fans when they beat the Steelers so in true fan form I have raggethed back .

Football fans are the worst. I try not to be that guy but I am that guy. Its a weird line.

@Velvet Great Avatar...
bless you

Ah you beat me up to the punch! Was just gonna post this Honestly Brady probably is a better QB than what I think, but "best ever" or even better than Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, or Aaron Rodgers?! Hell no. The MAIN reason NE has reigned is because of Bruce Bellichik, the man coached his team to the playoffs the season Brady broke his leg and didn't play. There's no way the Saints, Colts, or Packers could flourish without their star QB. Just my opinion, no need to respond Cricket

Ah you beat me up to the punch! Was just gonna post this Honestly Brady probably is a better QB than what I think, but "best ever" or even better than Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, or Aaron Rodgers?! Hell no. The MAIN reason NE has reigned is because of Bruce Bellichik, the man coached his team to the playoffs the season Brady broke his leg and didn't play. There's no way the Saints, Colts, or Packers could flourish without their star QB. Just my opinion, no need to respond Cricket
I agree. Coaches definitely are a catalyst on how great a QB can be, just as other star players. I would put Manning up against Brady any day with everything else being even. Brady definitely has consistency and love him or hate him he is one of the greats. The greatest? What criteria are we using? If stats, what stats? Anyway its an age old debate and whether you use wins, super bowls, TDs, etc... He is definitely up there. I still hate him though as a rival I mean, not the man personally. (It is a love to hate thing though).

Honestly Brady probably is a better QB than what I think, but "best ever" or even better than Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, or Aaron Rodgers?! Hell no.
Brees I agree with but putting Luck up there is plain wrong.

Ah yes, W-L record. Which is why the scoreboard says Brady 37 - Chiefs 31.

But seriously, as 7th alluded to, when people say someone is the best they're really just stating which things they've decided to care about more than others.