Any folk rock fans here? (Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Van Morrison)

Tools    

Since I've found myself in a hypnotic Bob Dylan vibe, actually bothering with his standards album, Triplicate and relaxing this fine winter morning (moving on to his folk rock stuff later), I want to talk about the very charming style of music known as folk rock with the fellow fans here. My favorite folk rock albums are Bridge Over Troubled Water, Rainmaker by Michael Chapman, Rum Sodomy and the Lash, Highway 61 Revisited, and Veedon Fleece.

I always liked Neil Young’s album Harvest. Think that’s what it was called. I prefer rock & roll though to folk rock per se though I love Dylan.

One of my favorite underrated artists in this style has got to be Michael Chapman. No one ever talks about him but his early albums were incredible. Fully Qualified Survivor is a forgotten treasure, and I'm still on the search for his gold statue/lost album Solo Guitar.

I may be the biggest folk rock fan in this site - love folks like Neil Young, the Byrds, Avett Brothers, Emmy Lou Harris, Lucinda Williams, and my number one fave musician of all time is Bob Dylan!!! Love Highway 61, and Subterranean and Blonde on Blonde etc. And also am mesmerized by a more recent interpretation of the Dylan song Dark Eyes, by Judy Collins- very haunting. Also like Pentangle, Mumford &Sons, Simon and Garfunkle, Litttle Feat and the list goes on and on. Great to see this thread!

I also posting a fair amount of 'roots ' style and folk rock songs on my Songs that Play Like a Movie thread, in case you want to check it out.

Haven't heard of everyone on your list, @KeyserCorleone and so I will look for Michael Chapman's work next, based on your recommendation.

Ahhhhhhhhh @matt72582 so glad to see the list of your tasteful choices ; but especially happy that someone cited the names Phil Ochs and John Fahey. You just made my day.

I may be the biggest folk rock fan in this site - love folks like Neil Young, the Byrds, Avett Brothers, Emmy Lou Harris, Lucinda Williams, and my number one fave musician of all time is Bob Dylan!!! Love Highway 61, and Subterranean and Blonde on Blonde etc. And also am mesmerized by a more recent interpretation of the Dylan song Dark Eyes, by Judy Collins- very haunting. Also like Pentangle, Mumford &Sons, Simon and Garfunkle, Litttle Feat and the list goes on and on. Great to see this thread!

I also posting a fair amount of 'roots ' style and folk rock songs on my Songs that Play Like a Movie thread, in case you want to check it out.

Haven't heard of everyone on your list, @KeyserCorleone and so I will look for Michael Chapman's work next, based on your recommendation.

I checked out Pentangle yesterday. Basket of Light and Cruel Sister. Beautiful, and I'm a bit angry with myself for not checking them out sooner.

Right now I'm in an incurable Bob Dylan mood. I'm gonna get through all of his studio albums, maybe including the bootleg series, maybe not. So far, my top 5 Dylan albums are Highway 61 Revisited, Blonde On Blonde, Desire, The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan, and Bringing It All Back Home. I'm not sure when this will change since I need to go back to Blood On the Tracks and Nashville Skyline.