Movie Tab

Tools    

Six Feet Under The First Complete Season
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (d. Michel Gondry, 2004)

Singin' In The Rain(d. Stanley Donen & Gene Kelly, 1952)

Originally Posted by Garrett
Singin' In The Rain (d. Stanley Donen & Gene Kelly, 1952)
first time?

A system of cells interlinked
The Asphalt Jungle (Huston, 1950)

The Quiet American (d. Phillip Noyce, 2002)
"Alice in Wonderland" (d. Jonathan Miller, 1966)

People I Know - Not very good. Weird movie, with a very uneven performance by Al Pacino. I honestly have no clue what he was trying to do with his accent in this movie but it didn't work.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Funny, confusing, and wonderful. I think this is the most entertaining Charlie Kaufman written film yet. I really liked the forced perspective shots he used in the memories.

Super Size Me - Very, very good. It was a real eye opener for me, and one that I'll definitely be showing to others in the future. It doesn't hurt that Morgan Spurlock has a great personality to lighten up what could have been a very boring documentary.

Coffee & Cigarettes - It's kind of interesting, but I'm not sure how to interpret it.
Last Order - It's pretty darned s-l--o---w. If you can read long boring books and enjoy them I'd say watch it.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Pleasantville- ig otta say i really liked this film, i realy liked Joan Allen in this film as the slightly melancholic housewife who's never heard of sex

You ready? You look ready.
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (d. Richard Marquand, 1983)- Great quality but, it was a crap feast if I ever did see one. This was, by far, the worst of the DVD series. The Jabaa the Hunt's Palace scene where they put that new song in sucked huge @$$. Then they went and added those other damn planets celebrating with the Gungans going "Wes a free." And they put damn Hayden Christian in as the new Annie. But the number on thing that pissed me off was the music change at the very end. I hated the new song; the old one could kick the new one's @$$. Lucas, there was a time when you amazed me but, right now I'm just pissed off.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Pleasantville- ig otta say i really liked this film, i realy liked Joan Allen in this film as the slightly melancholic housewife who's never heard of sex
Or masturbation.

Originally Posted by John McClane
Then they went and added those other damn planets celebrating with the Gungans going "Wes a free."
That's one of things that bugs me about the new series, is that he added all these races and planets which pretty much disappear in the original movies. I don't like how he's molding the original story to match the new movies, because he should be molding these new ones to fit in perfectly with the originals. Bah, Lucas is a dissapointing person.

Meanwhile...
Chinatown - Brilliant.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
People I Know - Not very good. Weird movie, with a very uneven performance by Al Pacino. I honestly have no clue what he was trying to do with his accent in this movie but it didn't work.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Funny, confusing, and wonderful. I think this is the most entertaining Charlie Kaufman written film yet. I really liked the forced perspective shots he used in the memories.

Super Size Me - Very, very good. It was a real eye opener for me, and one that I'll definitely be showing to others in the future. It doesn't hurt that Morgan Spurlock has a great personality to lighten up what could have been a very boring documentary.
I'm not such a big fan of Super Size Me. I don't even think it can fall into the category of documentary, not to mention that it's totally unrealistic.

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle
Coffee & Cigarettes - It's kind of interesting, but I'm not sure how to interpret it.
As being "good".

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle
Last Order - It's pretty darned s-l--o---w. If you can read long boring books and enjoy them I'd say watch it.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
As being "good".
Yes - that is how I interpreted it, but I don't know how to take the conversations that recurred. Any ideas?

And, Last Order, I didn't say it was bad. I liked it. It's got a "Classic feel" if that makes sense. I think it's got a lot to do with the fact that my DVD player has a timer on it that shows how long the movies been on, something that annoys me very much. I tend to check it, then I think to myself "It's only been 14 minutes?" If it wasn't there, I wouldn't be checking it and would be concentrating on the movie. That being my excuse for a short attention span.

Last Orders is a great movie.

It's a very good adaptation of the Graham Swift novel (which is even better). You know...for those with the intelligence and patience to actually read a book.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
You know...for those with the intelligence and patience to actually read a book.
I'm going to walk directly into this - I like to read. I know you didn't say my name or indicate it was me you were implying didn't read, and therefor the only reason I should feel the need to respond would be to convince myself. Anyways, like I said, I like to read. Consider myself convinced.