The MoFo Top 100 Movies of the 1930s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
so that puts it at about 41 Lists. Not TOO shabby!

Trouble with a capital "T"
The Official Deadline is almost here...BUT I haven't tallied the list yet, SO, I will accept list tomorrow morning Sept 30th up until 10 AM PST (that's west coast USA time)...If you haven't got a list in yet, you still have a little more time to do it

Welcome to the human race...
Sent mine in. Didn't cram as much as I'd have liked and I had a bit of trouble finding films I'd consider actual favourites (not just in terms of watching them but simply locating watchable versions). I think the list I sent in will do okay, though.

It's 10 AM PST and the deadline to submit list is now closed. I received a good number of list, so thanks to everyone!

I'm going to start entering the list data and calculating the movie points. I don't know how long this will take me, as I've never done a Countdown before But...I will start asap after I have the Top 100 1930s Movies figured out.....please stand by

I have an awful feeling I left a BIGGIE off my list.
we ALL do
Just a cotton-picking second - how many on here actually have BUDGIES?????

Oh wait....

BIGGIE

.....my bad, as you were....

Update: I spent ALL day yesterday working on doing the movie list data. I had no idea that it would be this time consuming! I thought I could do that step in an hour...but oh no...that took 8 hours to get the list added up and in an order. You guys sure chose a lot of movies Next I have to number the movies 1 to 100 and look for and break ties among other stuff. I plan on starting the actual Countdown by next weekend.

IF it helps at all, feel free to use my numbers 1-25 as they stand and then you've only got to calculate how 26-100 look from everybody else's ballots

Am just trying to reduce your workload a little

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Update: I spent ALL day yesterday working on doing the movie list data. I had no idea that it would be this time consuming! I thought I could do that step in an hour...but oh no...that took 8 hours to get the list added up and in an order. You guys sure chose a lot of movies Next I have to number the movies 1 to 100 and look for and break ties among other stuff. I plan on starting the actual Countdown by next weekend.

Appreciate the workload you took on, CR!!
Pretty stoked to see the variety of films and, of course, the ones I missed and need to eventually see.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It's definitely a lot of work. I handcounted mine so I kept a running tally which made it not take as long once the end hit but it sure as hell is a ton of work

It's definitely a lot of work. I handcounted mine so I kept a running tally which made it not take as long once the end hit but it sure as hell is a ton of work
You're not kidding about a lot of work!.....Vamp once told me how crazy and hard it was for her to do the 40s HoF. She said she learned a lot of tips that she would pass onto me when I did the 30s...Of course she's not here, so I had to learn it all for myself. Think I'll keep notes in case I ever host another one.