Your thoughts on EX MACHINA?

Tools    

"That may be, but I've got the Falcon."
I need to give it a rewatch to form a solid opinion, tbh. I'll make it a point to rewatch it soon.
It's worth it, I think. I like that the director/writer left it open-ended and not too political. Blu ray is highly recommended. Mine was real cheap on Amazon, which is still surprising how cheap blu rays are nowadays. Also, Vikander was a ballerina earlier in life so she was able to use her exceptional balance to mimic the robotic movements. They were talking about the challenge of her not knowing what she would look like in the final cut and how she could play off that, but it was a relief to know her face would stay the same, so she could use facial emotions that she'd studied in her acting. The panel was quality stuff too with questions about ethical obligations if an AI system was to seem sentient. Recently, the show The Good Place joked about the same thing (e.g. a computer protesting being turned off and being convincing enough to stay one's hand). Reminds me of Star Trek with Data.

Best sci-fi noir that's not Blade Runner IMO
Oscar Isaac and the director of photography were openly saying they loved Ex Machina during the panel for the content and questions it evokes. I could tell they weren't just hyping the movie as it was already out at the time and even the director was candid in saying he didn't care much for the two men and mostly was obsessed by AVA.

...I have yet to see Blade Runner. I will probably watch it soon, as I've heard how great it is on Movie Fights and of course the new sequel.

Garland said he'd mostly done his own research on the AI/sentience discussion due to his friend doing work in science, read a real nice book about it, and then made the movie.

It's worth it, I think. I like that the director/writer left it open-ended and not too political. Blu ray is highly recommended. Mine was real cheap on Amazon, which is still surprising how cheap blu rays are nowadays. Also, Vikander was a ballerina earlier in life so she was able to use her exceptional balance to mimic the robotic movements. They were talking about the challenge of her not knowing what she would look like in the final cut and how she could play off that, but it was a relief to know her face would stay the same, so she could use facial emotions that she'd studied in her acting. The panel was quality stuff too with questions about ethical obligations if an AI system was to seem sentient. Recently, the show The Good Place joked about the same thing (e.g. a computer protesting being turned off and being convincing enough to stay one's hand). Reminds me of Star Trek with Data.
Ok. I'll re-watch it probably next week, and form a concrete opinion/grade for it.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
The reason I fell in love with Alicia Vikander. I am willing to proclaim her the most beautiful woman in the world, as soon as I inspect those ballerina feet.

The reason I fell in love with Alicia Vikander. I am willing to proclaim her the most beautiful woman in the world, as soon as I inspect those ballerina feet.
Ha, her feet are probably to-die-for. Clearly she takes care of herself, and yes she is quite the looker. Nice acting chops too.

i didn;t know who alicia vikander is until this film XD

I finally got around to watching Ex Machina in full tonight. I had previously been unable to view the full movie on the first viewing, due to multiple distractions. Yes, I loved it! Excellent movie.

I finally got around to watching Ex Machina in full tonight. I had previously been unable to view the full movie on the first viewing, due to multiple distractions. Yes, I loved it! Excellent movie.
Glad you liked it! Sorry for the distractions. Know the feeling.

Glad you liked it! Sorry for the distractions. Know the feeling.
Yeah, in a perfect world we'd have unlimited time to watch all movies w/zero distractions, but... life lol.

It lived up to its up hype. Hard to rank it among the classics just yet, but it's certainly one of the best sci-fi thrillers of the last 5 years.

I'll definitely rewatch it down the line.

Btw BearSkin, if you loved Oscar Isaac's performance, have you seen A Most Violent Year?
I have not. I will add it to my Vudu wishlist and watch the trailer. I do have my eye on O.I. after seeing him in this, no doubt.

i watched it and i liked it very much

Made this MMV last night, thought I'd add it here since this thread got so much love.

Includes spoiler clips, so don't watch if you haven't seen this movie!

Gave this a 3.5/5 when I saw it about a month ago. I'll drop it down to a 3 I think. Nothing spectacular about this movie in my eyes.

I cant believe people are still talking about this movie, it was nothing, SO unoriginal SO over rated

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I thought it was good but not great. I don't think it's near as epic or as strong as all the hype kept making out, but it was fairly good.