Movie Tab

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Just more of that Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon *****. Bores me silly. The cinematography is pretty, but other than that....SNORE.
I'm with you Holden. I didn't care for all that crap. I really liked the story and cinematography though.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

The Good Fairy (1935, Wyler)
The Horse's Mouth (1958, Neame)
The Maltese Falcon (1941, Huston)
The Ice Storm (1997, Lee)
Thrashin' (1986, does it really matter who worked on it?)
Mystery Men (1999, Usher)

Manchurian Candidate (d. Jonathan Demme, 2004)
Angels in America (d. Mike Nichols, 2003)
Fargo (d. Ethan & Joel Coen, 1996)

La Strada (d. Federico Fellini, 1954)

A system of cells interlinked
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (More yawns for Holden )
Gattaca

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
ive noticed a lot of people bashing crouching tiger, i thought this was a fantastic film and i don't watch a lot of japanese, chinese films or anything with that kind of style in it. But i sat and watched it and i was stunned at how great it was. The storyline was something new and different from the stuff i usually watch and the stunts were superb.

Last film I watched- Rounders with ben affleck and matt damon, fantastic i loved it

Originally Posted by undercoverlover

Last film I watched- Rounders with ben affleck and matt damon, fantastic i loved it
ed norton not affleck

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - (d. Leone, 1966)

Mark's The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Review

NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Just fantastic entertainment. I've been excited for few movies, as I was for this but I was not disappointed one bit. Can't wait to see it again with my Dad.

Do you know my poetry?
Ordet [Directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer - 1955]
Eight out of Ten

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Ravenous - (d. Bird, 1999)

Originally Posted by Sedai
Taxi Driver (Scorsese, 1976)
Have you seen Mean Streets? Although not as good as Taxi Driver, it's a good one to watch. Keitekl and DeNiro are both great in these early roles.