Stunning Pictures of the World

Tools    

Frans Lanting, one of my all time favorite nature photographers, took this photo one June in Delaware Bay of what may be the oldest romance on the planet. At high tide and full moon, the horseshoe crab- which dates back to the age of the dinosaur- comes ashore to spawn. Cherish this photo of these teeming crowds, because this scene, I'm told, does not exist anymore; due to the creatures being collected for food, bait and medical use.

Efforts are being made to restore this scene to more than a memory. Hello young lovers, wherever you are.

Frans Lanting, one of my all time favorite nature photographers, took this photo one June in Delaware Bay of what may be the oldest romance on the planet. At high tide and full moon, the horseshoe crab- which dates back to the age of the dinosaur- comes ashore to spawn. Cherish this photo of these teeming crowds, because this scene, I'm told, does not exist anymore; due to the creatures being collected for food, bait and medical use.

Efforts are being made to restore this scene to more than a memory. Hello young lovers, wherever you are.
Fascinating LL.

That's the pic you posted of Orson on my anniversary thread. I though you might like that. You know if I cropped and tweaked it, it would make a good avatar.
Not with you?

Who knew grass was neon green in India
That’s why the British settled in the hills of India. The greenery, among other things, reminded them of England. And it was cooler up there.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
This is a lovely vista of Sydney Harbor taken from Kirrabilli.

When I was in Australia the 2nd time, I would walk from my hostel on Glebe Point until it dead-ended into a kind of a park where many people walked their dogs.. I'd smoke, listen to music, and watch the water mostly.

When I was in Australia the 2nd time, I would walk from my hostel on Glebe Point until it dead-ended into a kind of a park where many people walked their dogs.. I'd smoke, listen to music, and watch the water mostly.
Sounds like you loved doing that walk Matt. Many say Sydney has the premier open harbor on the planet. I will not argue that point. Where else in OZ did you visit?

How true spookie- here's another reason to breathe.
Photograoher Ben Horton's photo of the Northern Lights: