RIP Margot Kidder

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
https://pagesix.com/2018/05/14/super...er-dead-at-69/

Canadian-born actress Margot Kidder, best known for playing Lois Lane from 1978-1987 in the four Superman films that starred Christopher Reeve as the titular hero, passed away yesterday at the age of 69.

R.I.P. Lois Lane

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I saw that earlier but forgot top post

Vale.

I must admit this one didn't really surprise me, but it doesn't make it any less sad...her performance in 1978's Superman: The Motion Picture will always hold a place in my heart. RIP.

I must admit this one didn't really surprise me, but it doesn't make it any less sad...her performance in 1978's Superman: The Motion Picture will always hold a place in my heart. RIP.
Of all the headliners in The Motion Picture, the only ones still alive are:
Gene Hackman
Valerie Perrine
Ned Beatty

And some good news: all three of the Kryptonian villains who appeared in the first film and starred in the sequel are all still alive!
Terrence Stamp
Sarah Douglas
Jack O'Halloran

Guess the "Superman curse" didn't have much effect on the villains (with the exception of Mark "Jimmy Olsen" McClure who was not a villain, but is also still alive!)

Very sad. Beyond Superman and Superman II, the main things I remember her in were Some Kind of Hero (1982), The Great Waldo Pepper (1975), The Amityville Horror (1979), and Willie and Phil (1980). I need to revisit all of these, but I seem to remember really liking Willie and Phil, which was a remake of Jules et Jim, the classic Truffaut film, which I still haven't seen.

Although I watched reruns of The Adventures of Superman on TV as a kid and I liked Phyllis Coates and Noel Neill as Lois Lane at different times, Margot Kidder was the one I fell in love with and who gave life to her as a character I could sympathize with (and think totally hot!). She was and will always be MY Lois Lane Fly high, Margot.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Why didn't it surprise you, gideon? I don't know anything about her since she was in superman. She seemed to disappear. Mental health issues or something else?

she was very sweet and lovely as lois lane, Rip

u notice how much rewatchability, old movies have

Why didn't it surprise you, gideon? I don't know anything about her since she was in superman. She seemed to disappear. Mental health issues or something else?
She's had a lot of issues, mental and otherwise for quite awhile.

Superman: I'm here to fight for truth, and justice, and the American way.

Lois Lane: [laughs] You're gonna end up fighting every elected official in this country!

Truer words were never spoken. RIP.

u notice how much rewatchability, old movies have
In the movie they said that "Superman" was named by the public (specifically reporter Lois Lane). But this clip shows that Kal-El's true public name, by all rights, should have been "Say-Jim-Whoo!" given him by the pimpy-looking bystander who first sees him in costume!