Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

Alright, I'll open a thread in a few minutes - once I quickly make a banner image since again, I did not do anything in advance despite having all this time haha.

If not many people join, that's cool. We'll just have a small, intimate HoF.

movies can be okay...
I'd be willing to join the Foreign HOF. Seems fun.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Woody Allen is a pedophille
I've been wanting to get back into the forum, especially HoFs, and I would want to do a foreign HoF. It would be cool if everyone selected a different country.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
And an epic hall of fame for really long films... but maybe with a limit on members, or more than a week per movie

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
I am glad you guys are finally doing it but everytime I see someone mention it I just imagine the uproar if someone had tried to start a English language HOF. Visions of live action musical dance in my head.

Let the night air cool you off
I think we already had a English Language HoF, oh wait... no that was the Best Picture HoF. I say if you wanna do an English language one, go for it. I don't really see the point of it, but I might join.

Both Film Noir HoFs too. I wanna say the Slasher one too. I can't remember for sure though.
Both Musicals and the Documentary one too i think, maybe Westerns can't remember.

Was wrong about the 40's Part II, forgot about Beauty and the Beast.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Both Musicals and the Documentary one too i think, maybe Westerns can't remember.

And Day of Wrath.

My question would be: how many members would be more interested in doing the English language hof over something like Japanese or Italian or French or something like that? I'm down for most things, but an English language hof feels just like another general HoF minus like three films. I'd do it if there was interest though.

I think the Westerns had a couple spaghetti westerns, but I guess those kinda count as English language right?
Oh man, i nominated Once Upon a Time In The West and it won, incredible that i forgot that Guess i was just thinking of it as English language though because it technically is.

Seems most have had at least one Foreign Language film but they've been overwhelmingly English, don't think even half of a Hall of Fame has ever been Foreign.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Nope - Les Demoiselles de Rochefort was in the musicals hof and there were several foreign-language films in the Docs. It might even have had the most!

And Day of Wrath!

My question would be: how many members would be more interested in doing the English language hof over something like Japanese or Italian or French or something like that? I'm down for most things, but an English language hof feels just like another general HoF minus like three films. I'd do it if there was interest though.
Don't really get why people always have to bring this up like English films aren't already absurdly over represented in everything we do here. Someone said we should do an American Countdown when a Foreign one was brought up, incredible.

This is not directed at Sean ftr.

Makes sense because we all speak English here, or at least can read and write in English. Still though... I would like some more of those good subtitlers. *most recent nomination is totally English language*