@PETA

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Rofl yes!!
Great Easter egg idea, edit random old posts for specific comments to find!!

I don't have selective hearing, tyvm, and I'd advise you to keep the insults to yourself. I simply asked you a question.

Once again, I simply asked you a question. One which you have failed to answer. Also, way to jump to conclusions. You know that thing they say about what happens when you assume? Yeah.

I don't hunt because I take no pleasure in killing animals and because I don't like the taste of game meats. I'm also not a fan of guns and am not exactly the outdoors type. But I do eat meat - every day and at almost every meal. Want to make me happy? Put a nice medium-rare slab of steak in front of me. Oh and I have pets. I do absolutely consider them my family but I have no illusions about the fact that I own them.

I wouldn't say that qualifies as force. Unless the picketing resulted in some kind of law stating that such places must offer vegan alternatives, it was still a choice.
No insult was brought. If you're taking it that way, I feel as if you're looking for something or fight that is not there. Please refrain from defensive buildup, because open doors allow for better communication, than walls.

What was being explained is that I too don't hear EVERYTHING that goes on. I am just as ill informed about a great many things as others are. If you truly would like to know answers, you might want to try your own research rather than rely on someone who doesn't care whether someone is a Vegan, Pescatarian, Episcopalian, or an Octogenarian.

I didn't fail to answer your question. You chose not to accept the answer. There have been a great number of businesses that have been coerced and extorted by activists. This last year, a butcher in Berkeley, CA was bullied to place an Animal Rights sign in front of his store. And not every act of coercion requires laws to be enacted in one way or another.

I'm not going to sit and name off every inappropriate protest that pops up. Just the same as my wife doesn't have to defend why she thinks the new Wonder Woman is better than the old Wonder Woman (Linda Carter is still the hottest Wonder Woman Ever). We agree to disagree, and no justification is required. If she wants to know more about why Linda Carter was so awesome (since she didn't need any CGI and would try to do her own stunts when safely possible), she'll do her own research. And if I want to check out Gal Gadot, I'm grown up enough to google her, just like millions of other men. (Sorry for the tangent, but my wife made me watch the new Wonder Woman movie while I am typing this. And while I like the movie, I still feel Linda Carter was better).

I didn't make assumptions. You picking my post apart specifically, rather than overtly as part of the topic, that is indication that you're taking my personal choices as some opportunity to shed some light to my 'woeful' actions or interpreted hypocrisy. If this is not your intention, feel free to just state your thoughts about the topic generally, rather than directly pick apart some random person's post. Allow others to reflect on your view without them feeling like you drew an attack on them. I don't appreciate direct assault on the context of what I mean. You don't have to like what I say, and if I feel like explaining myself further, I will choose to do it when I want, the way I want.

If you're just trying to win an argument with me, I'll treat it the same way I do with my wife. You Win. The argument is not that important to me. I already stated my stance on the subject, because I can and did.

The only places i can see being forced into having vegetarian/vegan options are places like schools that have to cater to everyone. Although in that case the parents may even have to give the kids lunches to take to school, not sure.
Public schools are a civil governed and regulated institution provided to the public and are required to provide an alternative meal. Private schools might not have this requirement unless local governments say otherwise. It is not federally required the same way that public schools are. Even the military is required to provide alternative diets. This just makes sense and is appropriate. It's not so much that they cater to everyone, it's that they try to accommodate various diets as long as they meet specific health requirements.

Side tangent: I feel that public schools should provide free meals with a set minimum nutritional value to provide appropriate calories and vitamins equal to at least half of a days requirements. However, this is for a whole other thread/topic, rather than in this thread.

Public schools are a civil governed and regulated institution provided to the public and are required to provide an alternative meal.
****in' news to me.

What was being explained is that I too don't hear EVERYTHING that goes on. I am just as ill informed about a great many things as others are. If you truly would like to know answers, you might want to try your own research rather than rely on someone who doesn't care whether someone is a Vegan, Pescatarian, Episcopalian, or an Octogenarian.
This would be a fine thing to say if she had randomly accosted you and demanded you prove something arbitrarily, but she didn't. You specifically said a thing had happened, so it's only natural that she ask you what you're talking about. It's not her job to go and substantiate the claim for you.

FWIW, I read your post as defensive/hostile as well. Perhaps it's all a simple misunderstanding, but I think it's an understandable misunderstanding, if so.

Anyway, let's all just take each other at face value and say no offense was meant, yeah?

I didn't fail to answer your question. You chose not to accept the answer.
I chose not to accept your answer because picketing and protesting are not force, therefore you didn't actually answer the question. Unless one of the picketers held a gun to someone's head to get vegan alternatives added to the menu or to get that butcher to put up a sign, then no force occurred. Lawsuits, court orders, and changes in the laws, on the other hand, are force and by your own admission none of that happened in the examples you have given.

In any case, I wasn't trying to argue with you. I was asking for clarification. Which, in a way, I've gotten - which is to say that your claim is essentially baseless.

But whatever, carry on.

It seemed to me Doramius wanted to state his strong opinion on a subject, 'dishing it out'...But when presented with a different view point, he instantly started claiming the respondents were 'trolls'.

This is a discussion board, not a blog. If you dish out your opinion, you need to be able to take a little dishing back.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
There have been a great number of businesses that have been coerced and extorted by activists.
So did the activists eat there? I think they should be forced to when they resort to bullying. No way would I be eating a vegan meal in any sort of establishment where activists had bullied a restaurateur into providing vegan alternatives. I can just imagine it - tofu burger made out of hotdog. Oh never mind, hotdog isnt food, let alone meat. As you were.

First one is 100% polyester.
Second one is 100% polyester.
Third one is 100% polyester.
You’re the one who mentioned cotton.

Fish is meat confirmed. Not vegetarian.
Confirmed by whom?

Please refrain from defensive buildup, because open doors allow for better communication, than walls.
LOL. Thank you doctor.

I am just as ill informed about a great many things as others are.
Yeah, I can see that.

You’re the one who mentioned cotton.
You're the one who mentioned winter coats.

Confirmed by whom?
I've refuted every one of your contrived excuses for why veganism is "too complicated", quit stalling.

I've refuted every one of your contrived excuses for why veganism is "too complicated", quit stalling.
I never said “Veganism is too complicated”. I said that being vegan is too complicated for me. Huge difference. You’re not one of those people who gets upset by differing POVs, are you?

Should boob feb babies be regarded vegan?

I watched a movie about an adopted baby that chewed off it's new mum's bewb. I dont think he was a vegan card carrier but possibly on the FBI terror watchlist. Really turned me off tofu.

How the heck does anyone have the nerves of steel to follow PETA on Twitter & other sites? I just now blocked them from my Twitter account. It’s not that they don’t do a good job, but the videos they produce are horrifying. If I worked for them, I would not be able to sleep at night for nightmares about the animals. Kudos to all who financially support them, but I like my animal rights information delivered in a less graphic way.
I posted a photograph of a model from the art deco period on facebook. It was immediately removed so I sent a message asking why a beautiful vintage photo was tagged as in breach of community guidelines yet fb allows gratuitous, graphic and highly offensive videos of animal torture. As soon as I have a response Stirch, and I'm not holding my breath, I shall post for you.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
yes.
hell, i've tried to nurse a baby just to shut one up. OMG can they scream. I mean the mothers. They don't like it much when you pick up their kids from the highchair.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Ok, did some research to see if by some fluke fish are classified as vegetables, and they aren't. People who eat mostly vegetarian diets but also consume fish no matter how occasionally are called either pesca(e)tarians or pesco-vegetarians.