Hollywood and Sexual Misconduct

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Brigitte Bardot: 'MeToo' actresses are 'hypocritical'

PARIS (AP) — Former French actress and sex symbol Brigitte Bardot said in an interview published Thursday that she thinks most actresses protesting sexual harassment in the film industry are "hypocritical" and "ridiculous" because many play "the teases" with producers to land parts.
The star of "And God Created Woman" also said in the interview with weekly Paris-Match magazine that in her view, so many actresses are coming out with sexual misconduct allegations "so that we talk about them."
Bardot, 83, is the second French film legend to distance herself from the worldwide protest movement against sexual misconduct, known as the #MeToo campaign. Last week, Catherine Deneuve signed a collective op-ed that said "insistent or clumsy hitting-on is not a crime."
Bardot, who is known as an animal rights activist these days but inspired the term "sex kitten" as a young actress, said she never had been a victim of sexual harassment and found it "charming to be told that I was beautiful or that I had a nice little ass."
"This kind of compliment is pleasant," she said.
Bardot said her comments on sexual misconduct only concerned actresses, not women in general. She added that actresses campaigning against sexual harassment in the entertainment industry are "of no interest."
"This (issue) takes the place of important topics that could be discussed" instead in the news, she argued
As for actresses who allege they have been victims of misconduct, Bardot suggested they might become the targets of a personal backlash instead of the publicity she thinks they want.
"Actually, rather than benefit them, it only harms them," Bardot said.
In an open letter published last week in Le Monde newspaper, Deneuve and 100 or so performers, scholars and other prominent French women said men are being unfairly accused of sexual misconduct and harassment and should be free to hit on women.
The signatories argued that the "legitimate protest against sexual violence" stemming from the Harvey Weinstein scandal had gone too far and threatened hard-won sexual freedoms.
After the op-ed encountered intense criticism in the French press and on social media, Deneuve, who is known as a women's advocate, apologized to victims of "odious" acts of sexual abuse.
Bardot has a different profile. Since ending her acting career more than four decades ago, she has dedicated herself to the cause of animal welfare. Politically, she defines herself as a right-wing conservative.
Bardot also has been convicted of multiple racial hatred offenses for comments about Islam and the Muslim community.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
[and found it "charming to be told that I was beautiful or that I had a nice little ass."
Being told she's beautiful or has a nice little ass is a bit different to being threatened with dismissal and/or blackballing if she doesnt give someone in a position of power a BJ and they know that full well but are defending the gallic tradition of 'seduction and flirtation'. That goes for actors as well so I'm not just blindly defending actresses. Naturally, quotes are taken out of context by the media to make them look as sensational for the public feeding frenzy as possible so I'm sure they dont mean it in that context, but anyone who has been 'hit on' by the Ooh La La eet ees our way wis see ladies french guy, hit on for them is very different to hit on for the average punter. A producer I hardly know pulling his prick out of his pants and jamming it in my hand for a pat at a party with the line 'is that big enough for you, do you think' is not what I regard innocent flirting or giving me a compliment.

Naturally, quotes are taken out of context by the media to make them look as sensational for the public feeding frenzy as possible so I'm sure they dont mean it in that context, but anyone who has been 'hit on' by the Ooh La La eet ees our way wis see ladies french guy, hit on for them is very different to hit on for the average punter.

Yes! It's slimey and intimidating behaviour. As a french politician remarked not l;ong ago, a woman should not have to walk 15 blocks trying to avoid being hit on before the creep gets the message she doesnt want to kiss his old fellow. (that last part she did not say)

I sorta think this issue should not be joked about but that is brilliant. Love it.

Now regardless of the diverse opinions about Weinerstein, this is pretty disgusting in anyone's book I would say

http://people.com/movies/harvey-wein...al-encounters/

For anyone familiar with the Hebrew legend of "the Golem," Weinstein just seems the physical embodiment of the creature.

Except Golems are protective. avra k’davraý

Except Golems are protective. avra k’davraý
True that.
The Golem has been portrayed as both hero and villain - basically the Golem is an inanimate creature that is brought to life and controlled, so its actions depend on who's controlling it.

How about this instead?

I guess what I'm trying to say is Weinstein is one of those cases where the outside seemed a very accurate projection of what was inside.

(But despite that, no one should judge a book by its cover.)

I can only imagine this is what the inside of Harvey Weinstein's soul sounds like.
Except... he's not even close to a golem, and I can't imagine him having music balls that big.

A second Australian actor accused of sexual misconduct since the Weinstein Effect has filed for defamation. Why have no American celebs accused filed - can you not file for defamation in USA Law until a police investigation is over?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Michael Douglas is accused of inappropriate sexual behavior

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/se...havior-n839046

Reading his Deadline interview makes me question things though.

Suspect's Reviews

Reading his Deadline interview makes me question things though.
Good tactical move on behalf of him and his lawyers whatever happened. The foul language complaint he acknowledged and accepted (and it was widely known he has a filthy mouth anyway so no point denying it), and that comes directly under harassment in the workplace but it's too late for her lawyer to go after it. The masturbation complaint he said he cant remember because it was 30 years ago. She's also out of time to file. He walked away looking fine and she went all quiet. Nothing was reported to the relevant authorities when she made that complaint but was only spilled to a tabloid from what I recall.
I said when that Happened if I had been in his situation I would have done exactly the same thing. He also denied the black balling accusation and no one has come forward to back her up on that. It's all gone away I would say.

Originally Posted by Dani8
Why have no American celebs accused filed - can you not file for defamation in USA Law until a police investigation is over?
I was almost sure I read that some star had filed a defamation lawsuit, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Maybe I'm thinking of your report about Geoffrey Rush? Didn't he file for defamation?