Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
Halloween 5. The Return of Michael Myers

This movie took everything that was very solid about the 4th installment and turned it annoying and at times painful to watch. Characters were horrible and I wanted each and everyone of them to die. The characters that I did like were the returning characters from the 4th film, and this movie either: a) killed them off in the first 20 minutes, or b) turned them into an annoying piece of ***** who can't speak. The only thing this movie has going for it is how massively entertaining it is, and the awesome chase sequence in the third act.

GRADE - 47/100

Halloween 6: The Revenge of Michael Myers

I don't know which one is worse, this one, or number 5. This movie tries to elaborate on Michael's backstory with some confusing and dumb cult that just craps on everything that Michael stands for. The characters aren't bad like number 5, but they're not memorable either. Something that I do like about this movie is the different atmosphere, the brutal kills, and Michael Myers. You guys can make fun of me, but the Michael in this movie is the scariest for me.Not only is this mask my favorite, but he's absolutely brutal in this film, while also maintaining a subtle composure. If i had to go against this Michael I would probably just kill myself instead.

GRADE - 48/100

Halloween: H20

Yes!! Now this is a strong horror sequel. The horrible score is the only gripe I have. Strong and memorable characters, This movie solidifies Jaime Lee Curtis' Laurie Strode as a badass in horror and the ultimate scream queen. Tightly structured and perfectly tense. This feels like a lot like the original couple, with a more modern atmosphere. The chase sequence in the third act is horror perfection, and the ending is strong.

GRADE - 90/100

A Ghost Story (2017)

Not at all a horror movie which I wasn't expecting anyway. I'm already a fan of the two leads, Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara, although Affleck spends most of his time covered by a sheet and Rooney spends what seems like half her screen time gorging on a pie. It's not for people who struggle with slow paced films and there's little dialogue. I think this is probably an extremely divisive movie yet I'm somewhere in the middle. I was caught off guard by the direction it suddenly went in, which was very interesting and deeper than I expected. It had me thinking more than most other movies do, but it would have been emotionally more powerful for me had it stayed on course and been more predictable. It looks great and has an excellent soundtrack. I would recommend everyone to give it a shot.

I love revenge movies, and this one's going straight on my top 10 revenge film list.

Not gory, or too violent, with a touch of Irish dark humour to it, and Susan Lynch. Hit the spot for me.

Crack In The World (Andrew Marton, 1965)
+
Drill to the Earth's core and drop an atomic bomb - what could possibly go wrong??

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

I love revenge movies, and this one's going straight on my top 10 revenge film list.

Not gory, or too violent, with a touch of Irish dark humour to it, and Susan Lynch. Hit the spot for me.
haven't heard of that one, looks intriguing.

A Strange Woman (1946)
Hedy Lamarr plays it cruel and calculating with a gentle facade in the late 1900's in a rural rough logging town of Bangor, Maine. Was cheering her on through out the entire movie.

Beatriz at Dinner
++ There was an awkward tension that intentionally gripped you through the entire movie. Some very beautiful imagery.
WARNING: "would have loved" spoilers below
to see them end it with her killing Lithgow's character but completely understand and appreciated how it did truly end. Far more of an impact.

(COUNTLESS REWATCH) LA Confidential
A top ten movie of mine. Incredible movie from a really incredible book. It had been a while, so. . .

haven't heard of that one, looks intriguing.

A Strange Woman (1946)
Hedy Lamarr plays it cruel and calculating with a gentle facade in the late 1900's in a rural rough logging town of Bangor, Maine. Was cheering her on through out the entire movie.

Beatriz at Dinner
++ There was an awkward tension that intentionally gripped you through the entire movie. Some very beautiful imagery.
WARNING: "would have loved" spoilers below
to see them end it with her killing Lithgow's character but completely understand and appreciated how it did truly end. Far more of an impact.

(COUNTLESS REWATCH) LA Confidential
A top ten movie of mine. Incredible movie from a really incredible book. It had been a while, so. . .
LA Confidential is a favorite of mine as well. I consider it the best movie of the 90s.

This might just do nobody any good.

Meh. It’s fine background noise with a few good quips. Copley is the best thing about it because he’s dialed it up to 11.

6/10

I don’t know if it’s Marvel fatigue or something else but this has raised in my esteem. I really appreciate the thematic lengths Nolan went to make the movie interesting for himself.

Besides, now’s a good time to watch Batman crawl out of a pit of despair and fight back against a demagogue.

7.5/10

█ █ █ █ █

Excision, 2012, Rate: 2/5

I heard this movie was disturbing, but what i've found was a black humor horror flick with rather awkward and intriguing moments. Unfortunately it isn't very scary and neither laughable, only weird and sometimes disgusting. The best thing about this is the lead actress, her outsider character greatly helps to set the overall tone, with plenty of weirdness.

Finally saw this, but I made a bad choice seeing this in 4DX, so all the water scene I got water in my face. LOL

Very very solid sequel, this is at least on par with the original if not better.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

for Shia LaBeouf who is prefect rebel.
The movie is a waste of time, IMO. A lot of people recommended me it and I really don't know why. Maybe I didn't understand the message, but I didn't even notice any.

Mother!

OMG, what the f was this? Some serious scenes were done so overly dramatic which made me laughing out loud in the theatre.

Things I dislike about this movie:

- Please, no matter how smart you are and how hard you think about this, this is not a puzzle you can put together, it was just a mess, period.
- The movie at one point just kept on dragging, it was very hard to watch especially the second half
- Jennifer's screaming was so loud that started to hurt my ears, says from a guy who likes watching EVERYTHING loud
- This movie failed its premise as a thriller, I found it hilarious like a comedy
- The great characters in the first half were missed in the second half, what happened to the family and the murderer son? It's ok, they are not important
- Showing Jennifer's body was not necessary, also says from a guy who likes seeing woman's body

Overall, I hate this movie, and I used to be such a fan of Darren Aronofsky.

Groundhog Day (1993)

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

The Shawshank Redemption is a rewatch and it remains a great prison drama, it's almost like an epic when you consider the story's long spanning years and the high sounding exposition of Red's (Morgan Freeman) narration.

Groundhog Day on the otherhand, is a first for me. I was expecting to be amused as this is labelled a comedy, one of the best according to consensus. I didn't laugh too many times, it was a pretty incredible drama though. I'm a sucker for a good love story and this has one of the best I've ever seen. Bill Murray and Andie McDowell chemistry is convincing and palpable. I wanted to go the full five but it does get repetitive toward the end and I found myself disconnected during those moments but still, this was a moving experience all in all.

The Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell (1955)

Director: Otto Preminger

For an Otto Preminger film that stars Gary Cooper, this was pretty darn milquetoast. Uninspired and insipid. It's based on a true story about the 'father' of the U.S. Air Force, Billy Mitchell. He faced a court martial by the Army for blasting them in the newspapers over their lack of safety for pilots and for the lack of readiness. This was back in the mid 1920s. Though the film doesn't have any sort of period piece feeling about it. The last half of the film is the trial which is held in an old building.

Now, I like Preminger, he directed Laura (1944) Whirlpool & Where the Sidewalk Ends (1950) among many other fine films. Later in 1959 he would do another court room drama and get it right with Anatomy of a Murder (1959)...But this movie didn't have anything to compelling. Gary Cooper who I also like, seemed ill at ease and uninspired in his role.

But there's one saving grace, a fiery, soul stirring performance by Rod Steiger as the prosecuting attorney. He was electrifying when he was speaking. To bad he didn't have more screen time.

Overall a disappointment and yet I'm still glad I watched it.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Midnight Express (1978)

After several posters mentioned it I gave it a watch. It’s fantastic. This is cinema and the type of film that has remained fresh. An American man’s experience in a Turkish prison. It is simply captivating watching the character and characters inhabit this foreign, gritty and violent environment.

Based on a true story although I’d want to really find out what really happened as the only thing that somewhat let this excellent film down was the ending and my believability regarding it. I felt it was contrived in terms of the protagonists final interaction with the main villain. But perhaps fact can be stranger than fiction.

Recommended for anyone interested in an intriguing personal drama showcasing the darker side of life that has stood the test of time.

4.5/5