Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

The Philadelphia Story (1940)
+++ Very happy to have seen this with Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn and Jimmy Stewart; from the iconic opening, I had a big smile and most of the set up was very much to my taste.
Not exactly sure what happened, but, while I really liked this, I truly SHOULD have loved it - and I'm a bit confused why I did not.
Regardless, still, a fun and very enjoyable film to watch.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
That's a shame you didn't like this movie as much as I did. I remember seeing this on IMAX and the visual and sound effects were so unbelievable. I don't know if that alone makes the difference.

The next movie on my list is actually Patriots Game, which I certainly have some good hope on.
I rated Patriots Game the same as Deepwater Horizon but I think Patriots Game is a MUCH better film, much more engaging, and for the chase part of it, it kept me on the edge of my seat. The reason I rated it so low was, partially, I had a moral objection to the way the real events were shown. But it was intense. Most people have really liked Patriots Game, so you might like it too.
Are you guys talking about Patriot's Day????

Or do you really mean the Harrison Ford movie Patriot Games.

Are you guys talking about Patriot's Day????

Or do you really mean the Harrison Ford movie Patriot Games.
Oh crap. I meant Patriots Day in my original post but typed Patriots Game by mistake. I'll go change it.

Blade Runner - 10/10
Blade Runner 2049 - 10/10

The Beguiled

Haven't seen the original, had a discussion with Captain Steel and Citizen about it and from that i think one thing about it sounds extremely wrong but otherwise i'm interested in seeing it. I don't think there was anything remarkable about this it was just enjoyable. Colin Farrell was very good i thought, not seen him in much and i've always had the idea that he is a bad actor but he worked for me here. None of the women/girls were particularly great they were all good enough though, Kidman probably least for me. Good story too, not where i thought it was heading at all during the first twenty minutes or so. My biggest problem was some scenes were horribly lit, maybe it was a realism thing since this was set during the US Civil War but it was annoying anyway.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Split

8.5/10

The Beguiled

Haven't seen the original, had a discussion with Captain Steel and Citizen about it and from that i think one thing about it sounds extremely wrong but otherwise i'm interested in seeing it. I don't think there was anything remarkable about this it was just enjoyable. Colin Farrell was very good i thought, not seen him in much and i've always had the idea that he is a bad actor but he worked for me here. None of the women/girls were particularly great they were all good enough though, Kidman probably least for me. Good story too, not where i thought it was heading at all during the first twenty minutes or so. My biggest problem was some scenes were horribly lit, maybe it was a realism thing since this was set during the US Civil War but it was annoying anyway.

Totally agree about the lighting. It was a very darkly lit movie. I love Elle Fanning's screen presence though. She just oozes mystery. I thought it was a pretty average movie really even though I like Sofia Coppola.

Unregistered User
The Beguiled

I liked the original so I'm definitely interested in seeing this. Also, since Neon Demon I've like Fanning too. Hopefully I'll get to this soon.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

The Foreigner (Martin Campbell, 2017):

Jackie Chan's best performance in recent years and don't let the marketing fool you. It's not so much an action film but more of a political thriller piece with sparse Chan action that is more dark and gritty compared to his usual work (and it works nicely here) but the film works quite well, especially with Pierce Brosnan's character playing a very pivotal role as a former IRA member turned politician who like Chan's embittered father, looks for answers and gets more than what he bargains for.

Final Rating: A

Welcome to the human race...
I actually liked White House Down better. Where dat sequel at???
Yeah, it's certainly more deserving of a sequel than Olympus Has Fallen, but no, I guess we needed an Independence Day sequel and a historically inaccurate Stonewall movie first.

Gerald's Game -

Let's Split up, gang.

I'm hesitatingly interested in seeing this one. I'm pretty sure I won't like it as much as the original, but I'm interested in Sofia Coppola's work, so I'll be watching this when it comes to DVD.

+
Obviously very good, but I've seen Rocky every time, when Marlon Brando appearnced with his eye make-up.
Awesome movie! bad eye make up!

I finally went see Blade Runner 2049 last night. I'm split on this movie. It's definitely one of the better made movies of this year, it wasn't bad, so let me get that out of the way immediately. All the aesthetics of Blade Runner are present: Neon soaked cityscapes, names of 80s companies/products, the synth score, long coats, philosophical musings of what it means to be human, etc., but alot of the movie just didn't feel like Blade Runner. With not giving too much away, the stakes were far too high in this movie. The hard boiled, noirsh direction of the first one is abandoned. Harrison Ford's return was okay. My problem is that we don't really know the character of Rick Deckard that well. In Blade Runner all he did was eat noodles, drink, play piano, dream about unicorns, and get the **** beat out of him. So his return is a tad underwhelming, because there really isn't much to expect. I'll probably stop it there to not ruin anything for those who haven't seen it. Overall, definitely worth seeing and a worthy sequel to one of my favorite sci-fi films (it could have been much worse).

RATING:

I'm hesitatingly interested in seeing this one. I'm pretty sure I won't like it as much as the original, but I'm interested in Sofia Coppola's work, so I'll be watching this when it comes to DVD.
When you do see it i'd try not to compare it to the original too much as it's not a remake it's an adaptation of the book. Not sure of the differences between each or which is closer to the book. It wasn't amazing as i said i liked it though, if the original is better made maybe i wouldn't have liked it after seeing that and knowing the story, who knows.

So I finally saw this. An overall solid movie.

Cons:
- Not a big fan of the propaganda.
- The movie missed to present the motivation of the bombers
- Not very sure how truthful this movie is based on the real event. A movie like this shouldn't include any dramatic parts, the plot is already interesting enough.

To compare with similar movies:

Stronger

Deepwater Horizon