The Amelie inside of me...

Tools    

Hi,
My first thread and hope its okay to discuss my petition here?
I would love to be able to show Amelie to my children, as well as to the pupils in the school where I work, so have set up a petition to request a child-friendly version.
I am not asking for censorship - just the sharing of the most beautiful film I have ever seen.
Please (politely) keep me right if I`ve stepped out of place by posting this thread and I`ll remove it.
I would also appreciate any advice on other sites/platforms to share this.
My petition is not linked to this site but you can find it at Change . org by typing in "Coax Miramax" or "Amelie".
Thanks for reading.
Julie

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Hi.

I've never seen it and looked up the parental guide. I had absolutely no idea it was rated R. How graphic are the sex scenes?

Hmmm dont know. How old are the kids and I guess I would personally start by asking the mums and dads if they're OK with it, tamed down or as is.

The only way you're getting this done is if there's significant demand for it. I'm not sure there will be, Amelie is a popular film but it's a 15 year old French Film and i think only a small amount of Amelie fans will be interested in this happening; and that's if you can even make them aware of it. Best of luck. Trying to find and reach out to Facebook groups or whatever else on Social Media Amelie related would be your best bet IMO.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Hi.

I've never seen it and looked up the parental guide. I had absolutely no idea it was rated R. How graphic are the sex scenes?
Not graphic at all. There is one small segment where she counts how many women are having an orgasm at this very moment. Some nudity there, not much.

Suspect's Reviews

Hi,
My first thread and hope its okay to discuss my petition here?
I would love to be able to show Amelie to my children, as well as to the pupils in the school where I work, so have set up a petition to request a child-friendly version.
I am not asking for censorship - just the sharing of the most beautiful film I have ever seen.
I'm not clear on what you are asking for? Do you want the production company that owns the rights to Amelie to release an edited version with sex scenes removed? If so that most likely will never happen.

Or are you wanting a 'fan edit' of the movie? That could happen but if you are a teacher showing a commercially produced movie at a public school that you have had edited, that could open you up to libel laws for tampering with a copyrighted movie.

But if you own a copy of Amelie and want to show it in private to your children, there should be no problem edited the film yourself as long as you don't distribute the edit version to others.

The easiest solution is for you is: to watch the movie and take note of what exact time on the film the sex scenes are shown, then when you show it to others you can fast forward over those parts. It's easy and legal.

"That may be, but I've got the Falcon."
Showing it to your own children is an easy fix. Just skip the naughty parts. So far as school, I wouldn't roll that dice. Parents are bound to find out and you might be out of a job. I'm not familiar with Amelie. I know it has a little bit of a following since Alicia Malone fought for it on Screen Junkies' Movie Fights show, but I wonder if removing those scenes would be too jarring for the rest of the film as a viewing experience. I still don't think a school would okay it, as I assume that's how lesson plans get the green light.

you can censor the movie yourself if you want with sony vegas

Do watch Wong Kar Wai's flick Chungking Express for the original 'Amelie' inspiration, played by an ad-libbing Faye Wong who completely stole the show. Basically she's a bored service-bot with a penchant for breaking into people's houses and tidying up a bit. Same quirkiness, deep dark eyes, uber femininity despite tomboyish appearance, mischief and misguided sweetness et al. She even has the similar iconic haircut.

No spoilers, but Wong Kar Wai's work is all about missed opportunities.