News

Tools    

Reportedly the Memphis theater pulled Gone With the Wind (1939) as some were saying the movie was racially insensitive.
GWTW was very insensitive to those of us who are white. The references to low white trash were very painful to me. I'm on medication now & slowly recovering from the book & the movie.

GWTW was very insensitive to those of us who are white. The references to low white trash were very painful to me. I'm on medication now & slowly recovering from the book & the movie.
Stirch, I'm not sure if I get what you're saying? Do you mean your post as satirical?

Stirch, I'm not sure if I get what you're saying? Do you mean your post as satirical?
Of course! British sense of humor.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Woah, not sure if this is satire or the real deal but I certainly havent seen it in the media here. I've never heard of that grub.

https://www.theindigenousamericans.c...-abuse-police/

Woah, not sure if this is satire or the real deal but I certainly havent seen it in the media here. I've never heard of that grub.

https://www.theindigenousamericans.c...-abuse-police/
As a Roman Catholic, I can see both sides of the argument in terms of the confessional being sacrosanct, but it surely is an ugly subject. Anyone who molests a child should immediately be castrated IMO.

As a Roman Catholic, I can see both sides of the argument in terms of the confessional being sacrosanct, but it surely is an ugly subject. Anyone who molests a child should immediately be castrated IMO.
As a long lapsed catholic I can see that as well, but he said the act itself is a spiritual connection with god. That guy needs to experience how spiritual the act is in prison.

As a long lapsed catholic I can see that as well, but he said the act itself is a spiritual connection with god. That guy needs to experience how spiritual the act is in prison.
A real nice lady I volunteer with at our cathedral who, to put it mildly, is devout, once remarked to me that she does not like Muslims. When I inquired why, she said because they have a different god than we do. Nothing to do with your link, but it always amazes me how good and evil can go side by side in religion.

A real nice lady I volunteer with at our cathedral who, to put it mildly, is devout, once remarked to me that she does not like Muslims. When I inquired why, she said because they have a different god than we do. Nothing to do with your link, but it always amazes me how good and evil can go side by side in religion.
LOL. It;s the same god. She, like so many muslim bashers, has obviously never heard of the abrahamic religions.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.times...w/54276619.cms

Meanwhile, goats named after Bollywood film stars are fetching huge price for eid ul adha , which falls on September 2. For a princely sum you can sacrifice a goat named after a Bollywood film star .

Meanwhile, goats named after Bollywood film stars are fetching huge price for eid ul adha , which falls on September 2. For a princely sum you can sacrifice a goat named after a Bollywood film star .
Please, who the heck wants to sacrifice a goat. Barbaric!

Please, who the heck wants to sacrifice a goat. Barbaric!
You mean it's all right to eat mutton, but the butcher who kills it is barbaric?

You mean it's all right to eat mutton, but the butcher who kills it is barbaric?
It's a sin to kill any living creature.

Are you a vegetarian like many in my country India?

Are you a vegetarian like many in my country India?
Yes, but I think in India you have more vegans? The Indians I know in America eat no meat or dairy or fish.

Yes, but I think in India you have more vegans? The Indians I know in America eat no meat or dairy or fish.
70 percent of the world's vegetarians live in India.

What if it's in self defence?

How about a mosquito - it wouldn't be self defence as its bite wouldn't necessarily kill or even injure you (yellow fever excepted), but can you kill it in defence of being bitten and having an itchy welt without it being a sin?

Is accidentally stepping on ants a sin?

What if it's in self defence?

How about a mosquito - it wouldn't be self defence as its bite wouldn't necessarily kill or even injure you (yellow fever excepted), but can you kill it in defence of being bitten and having an itchy welt without it being a sin?

Is accidentally stepping on ants a sin?
I would never go near an animal that would hurt me so that rules out self-defense.

I will kill a mosquito. I loathe them & I am particularly prone to their painful bites. I also kill flies, which are also loathsome.

Silly as it sounds, last week there were some groggy ants crawling on our porch floor. I gently swept them up & took them to the front lawn. Even I thought that was absurd.

I would never go near an animal that would hurt me so that rules out self-defense.

I will kill a mosquito. I loathe them & I am particularly prone to their painful bites. I also kill flies, which are also loathsome.

Silly as it sounds, last week there were some groggy ants crawling on our porch floor. I gently swept them up & took them to the front lawn. Even I thought that was absurd.
So is killing bugs that bite or that spread germs a sin?