Nip/Tuck

Tools    

Nip/Tuck is in its second season. The show is still fresh and funny as hell. The characters are real and the show is a middle finger to every conservative bastard out there.

Originally Posted by FallsAngel
The characters are real and the show is a middle finger to every conservative bastard out there.
Wow. Just...wow.

We need to invent some kind of award for comments this dumb. Yeah, a show about a bunch of true-to-life plastic surgery addicts sure is sticking it to my ideology. I feel a culture shift coming on, even!

I can't imagine how angry 7th Heaven must make those liberal scumbags.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Wow. Just...wow.

We need to invent some kind of award for comments this dumb. Yeah, a show about a bunch of true-to-life plastic surgery addicts sure is sticking it to my ideology. I feel a culture shift coming on, even!

I can't imagine how angry 7th Heaven must make those liberal scumbags.
Shows like Seventh Heaven have been holding back cultural reinvention for too long. The ailments of our society will NOT be changed by Nip/Tuck, but it is nice to see a network such as F/X on the left side. Why such hatred for liberals? Our country is based on LIBERTY.

Shows like Seventh Heaven have been holding back cultural reinvention for too long. The ailments of our society will NOT be changed by Nip/Tuck, but it is nice to see a network such as F/X on the left side. Why such hatred for liberals? Our country is based on LIBERTY.
I don't have hatred for liberals; I was making fun of your ridiculous attempt to politicize Nip/Tuck, and your bizarre claim that it somehow irks conservatives.

Cultural reinvention? Geez, somebody's been watching Fight Club too often.

I don't have hatred for liberals; I was making fun of your ridiculous attempt to politicize Nip/Tuck, and your bizarre claim that it somehow irks conservatives.

Cultural reinvention? Geez, somebody's been watching Fight Club too often.
Television is political.

Television is political.
Some television is political, and some isn't. Crossfine is political. The Bachelor isn't. That's all irrelevant, though, because Nip/Tuck isn't a slap in the face of conservative culture. If anything, it could be said that it's trying to depict the seedy, unappealing side of plastic surgery. It's as much a warning against vanity as it is conservative values.

Look, you like the show; great, man. That's fine. I hear it's quite good, too. But there's really no reason to drag the rest into it. It's just a good show...that's all.

Some television is political, and some isn't. Crossfine is political. The Bachelor isn't. That's all irrelevant, though, because Nip/Tuck isn't a slap in the face of conservative culture. If anything, it could be said that it's trying to depict the seedy, unappealing side of plastic surgery. It's as much a warning against vanity as it is conservative values.

Look, you like the show; great, man. That's fine. I hear it's quite good, too. But there's really no reason to drag the rest into it. It's just a good show...that's all.
It does not end with it just being a good show. Sometimes you have to look beneatht the surface. The obvious is that it does NOT shed a good light on plastic surgery. However, the Network, producers, and writers are all integral in the left side of the show.

It does not end with it just being a good show. Sometimes you have to look beneatht the surface. The obvious is that it does NOT shed a good light on plastic surgery. However, the Network, producers, and writers are all integral in the left side of the show.
Can you give me any examples of the "left side" of the show?