Breaking Bad All Over Again

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I forgot 504.

I remember the car scene had people going off their nut about product placement. I dont get what the problem is. They also went off their nut about the dubstep. Seemed to suit the 51 year old going through a midlife crisis to me. I didnt even know what dubstep was..

So funny he bought 2 new cars and left his wife driving that old clunker.

Oh and can you just walk into a car yard and drive out with a car? Here it takes about a week for plates. Assuming those 2 cars were new, not second hand. I've never bought a second hand car from a yard so dont know if you can drive straight out.

Y'all are flying by me like an F22 with this sh*t man....

Anyways, FYI, I'm at 2.2 right now, just started season 2 after a long break cause of vaca and other stuff. I probably won't catch up to the quickest, but now the ball is rolling and I'll get to a pretty good speed. Watch out here I come.

Y'all are flying by me like an F22 with this sh*t man....
Patience is not my middle name, MM. I have a serious crystal problem, or maybe it's just a Heisenberg problem. I really needed to see more of the hat...and Lydia.

LOL Lydia is so high strung and neurotic. "4 DEA agents barged into my office screaming and yelling at me" ROFL. I'm sure she believed that.

Anyone here speak German? Just wonderng what that was all about.

Dead Freight

Still pulse pounding, even though I had already seen it. Fantastic episode.
Oh yes. The suspense in that was so good and stands up every rewatch.

Anyone else think Marie overreacted just a tad to finding out about the affair? I mean she was on the brink of tears. C'Mon now. They were separated at the time. And lol at Hank thinking she was talking about Walt.

Nitpick time - how on earth can Marie look after Holly when she has a full time job? And why would Sky stay in the house? I would have moved in with Marie and Hank as well but continue working at the car wash. I just would have said I needed some head space away from here for a bit.

507. The awkward dinner always cracks me up. gif needs sound.

I got 5 episodes into season 2 yesterday... might continue when I get home.

Just like with season 1, and as Yoda mentioned about that, season 2 shoots just as rapidly into the action as the pilot. I mean, the first two episodes are strimmed from fat and the fact that they deal with, interact, get kidnapped and "kill" Tuco off within two episodes is just insane!

And as we know, the show isn't one to die down completely, like some shows did after ballsy moves. BB is so turbo-charged. I mean, these first 5 episodes has had Walt and Jesse through so much it's crazy!

And I remember not really digging the "Down" episode (and the title was really dead on), but this time I liked it more. It's a very personal, emotional, deep episode. It's all about inner turmoil. Not a pleasant episode to sit through. But that doesn't make it a bad one... I guess it also suffers from the fact that it's the "first episode" to really deal with the aftereffects of Walt's and Jesse's whereabouts. It's very much a transition episode as well.

Anyways, so fun being back for the third time in this BB universe! The series is so well flowing too. Like one long movie.

And I remember not really digging the "Down" episode (and the title was really dead on), but this time I liked it more..

Down was quite the downer. Talk about hitting rock bottom. He couldnt cop a break.

A system of cells interlinked
For the record, our friends quit watching after Down. I guess it was too much of a downer for them!

Their loss!

For the record, our friends quit watching after Down. I guess it was too much of a downer for them!

Their loss!
Yeah, I mean, if you weren't feeling the show before 'Down', it's not exactly the episode that will fill you with happiness and make you want to continue, I guess.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Oh and can you just walk into a car yard and drive out with a car? Here it takes about a week for plates. Assuming those 2 cars were new, not second hand. I've never bought a second hand car from a yard so dont know if you can drive straight out.

hellz-yeah, we can!
Either finance through the dealership (and get bent over a desk without dinner by the financial officer), or come in pre-approved from a third-party lender with better rates like a credit union. Once you sign that dotted line, they don't care. Your problem, your debt.

The dealer will give you a temp paper car tag that's good for like 30 days. In that time, you find your way to your county tag licensing department and pay your taxes/fees/whatever and they hand over a flat sheet of metal with a fancy reflective sticker and done. Until the next year when you have to buy another fancy reflective sticker.

I don't mean to blab. Just end of day jitters before I sign off. This is my unwinding.

meow?

hellz-yeah, we can!
Either finance through the dealership (and get bent over a desk without dinner by the financial officer), or come in pre-approved from a third-party lender with better rates like a credit union. Once you sign that dotted line, they don't care. Your problem, your debt.

The dealer will give you a temp paper car tag that's good for like 30 days. In that time, you find your way to your county tag licensing department and pay your taxes/fees/whatever and they hand over a flat sheet of metal with a fancy reflective sticker and done. Until the next year when you have to buy another fancy reflective sticker.

I don't mean to blab. Just end of day jitters before I sign off. This is my unwinding.

meow?
Blab as much as you want. I was curious if you could buy and drive a new car from a lot. His were leases and I've never leased either so not sure what the deal is here without plates.
Our rego stickers were done away with a few years ago. Good thing too because the stupid things either wouldnt stick or would not come off without a razor and it would wreck the tinting.
Thanks for your answer.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm lucky in that the state I live does not require window tags. Or inspections. Soooo easy compared to other states that require yearly inspections and Spackle up your windows with compliance stickers. I'm kind of OCD so that would drive me insane, seeing daily a crooked sticker some mechanic just haphazardly slapped on, somewhere near the corner of the windshield. UGH I'm twitching just thinking about it. >=\

I'm lucky in that the state I live does not require window tags. Or inspections. Soooo easy compared to other states that require yearly inspections and Spackle up your windows with compliance stickers. I'm kind of OCD so that would drive me insane, seeing daily a crooked sticker some mechanic just haphazardly slapped on, somewhere near the corner of the windshield. UGH I'm twitching just thinking about it. >=\
We have yearly inspections after a car is 3 years old or so, but the mechanics dont place the sticker. 'My guys' as Mike would say, are just down the road, super nice, and the inspection only takes 15 minutes if I get it in there at 7am which is no biggy for me. Multiple regi stickers on the windshield were never allowed, though. We had to take the previous year's sticker off.

I still dont quite understand why Walt gave his lil shtbox to the car repair guy for 50 bucks.

Ooh just saw this on wiki and had never heard this about Dean Norris in season 5

Dean Norris had asked Gilligan to kill off Hank during the first half of the season after being cast in a comedy pilot. However, Gilligan declined his request, citing the importance of Hank in the final eight episodes
Must have been pretty good dough if he wanted to dump BrBa for a comedy.

http://o.canada.com/entertainment/br...-character-off

Finished with season 2. Greatness all around except for the plane crash. I don't think it was so glaring first time through but it feels completely unnecessary this time. Especially co considering the bar meet with Jane's dad. We need a couple more degrees of separation please Vince.

Walt watching Jane die is one of the most chilling scenes in the history of television. Boy oh boy did I hate watching Jessie self-destruct in this season.

I have to say I remember Walt as being more sympathetic. Maybe knowing where he goes changes how I watch. I feel like I was much more back and forth on him in early seasons first time around. His stand off with Hank over the tequila was brutal. I get it, Hank is a total bro, but still, be the adult. Everything Walt does annoys the crap out of me.

Everything Walt does annoys the crap out of me.
Yep, pretty much, and it gets worse. I'm up to 510 and yeh, even wtching him shave his head makes me want to punch him in the face, but I still find him so compelling.

And Lydia. Oh god she is so irritating and I could not deal with someone like her IRL but I love her

Yep, pretty much, and it gets worse. I'm up to 510 and yeh, even wtching him shave his head makes me want to punch him in the face, but I still find him so compelling.

And Lydia. Oh god she is so irritating and I could not deal with someone like her IRL but I love her

I forgot to mention when I said how much I hate Walt the juxtaposition between him and Gus at that first meeting. I love Walt's face when Gus says "you are not like me, you are careless". Walt so badly wants to be the kingpin but Gus outclasses him in every way. Makes me wish I was going to get to see Walt blown up later on.

I love Gus. Maybe my favorite antagonist in any show. His first meeting with Hank is a fantastic scene.

I forgot to mention when I said how much I hate Walt the juxtaposition between him and Gus at that first meeting. I love Walt's face when Gus says "you are not like me, you are careless". Walt so badly wants to be the kingpin but Gus outclasses him in every way. Makes me wish I was going to get to see Walt blown up later on.

I love Gus. Maybe my favorite antagonist in any show. His first meeting with Hank is a fantastic scene.

We're on the same page. I love Gustavo (it;s GUSTAVO. I'M VERY MUCH A PEDANT ABOUT THIS. GUSTAVO NOT GUS! Only kidding. I just love playing with this He Is Not Called Gus - like when someone abbreviates my name in the real world) nd totally agree with your comment about Walt. All the way through he keeps reacting to people not thinking he's kingpin. I wanted to comment on this in a recent episode but I stupidly jumped so far ahead I now feel in spoiler territory. Will join in when you guys get to season 5 on those points. I get very Lydia about spoilers, even if you have seen it before. *shakily reaches for stevia*

Hey random thought. Does anyone here use stevia? I'm not a sugary type so never tried it. Does it actually taste like sugar?