Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

Probably my least favorite Scorcese movie. There was some emotion there for me, but the weird apparently went over my head. Just didn't work all that well for me.

Easily digested, well written and I'm a sucker for 80's time machine movies. William Hurt's character felt shortchanged, he was never really given any redemptive qualities and was just there to be the movie's dartboard.
Enjoyed the ending, happy but not cliched.

Nice little "we're all bad guys movie". The old footage made me think this was based off a 60's-70's era t.v. show.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Can you please elaborate on this ? I just watched it and thought it was pretty bad, did I miss something ?
I havent seen this yet but can you say why you thought it was bad without spoileries? I just made that word up. eg bad story, bad acting, cheap jump scares, crappy sound etc.

movies can be okay...
I havent seen this yet but can you say why you thought it was bad without spoileries? I just made that word up. eg bad story, bad acting, cheap jump scares, crappy sound etc.
The film didn't contain any jump scares from what I recall, but it still managed to be extremely stupid, at some points I literally started yelling at the "characters" for their actions. The writing was pretty cheesy, and the average acting (AT BEST), didn't do anything to help it.
The movie was pretty alright for the first hour of it (mind you it's only 80 minutes long), but once it got to the climax, it just....I have no words...like...you just have to see the stupidity and the ridiculousness for yourself to believe it.
You should watch it to form your own opinion of it, especially when it seems like everyone is praising it, so you might get something out of it that I didn't.
It's a
for me.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Thanks. I like reading a cross section of PoVs before diving in.

The Invasion
- 2007 science fiction horror thriller film starring Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig,

I walked off and went on here and I never walk off from a movie!!

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

The Marine 5: Battleground - WWE Studios' franchise brings back Mike "The Miz" Mizanin as Jake Carter. In his third outing, Carter is now an EMT who learns his latest patient is wanted by The Lost Legion, a biker gang, after the patient is involved in a hit on their leader. The film features not only Mizanin, but a total of five other WWE stars, including Mizanin's real-life wife Maryse in a cameo appearance; with Bo Dallas, Heath Slater, Curtis Axel, and Naomi as members of the biker gang who are after Carter's patient, played by Nathan Mitchell. The film is set first in the parking lot of a closed amusement park until Carter uses the amusement park to his advantage to take on members of the gang.

For this franchise, IMO, Mizanin has improved with each installment and it's clear that if there will be a 6th installment, chances are we will see Carter again.

The director of this film, James Nunn, directed the well-received WWE action film Eliminators starring Scott Adkins and former WWE star Wade Barrett and also directed another Adkins film, Green Street Hooligans: Underground.

Final Rating: B (for its throwback style B-movie action)

Free Fire (2016)

Toni Erdmann (2016)

Fifty Shades Darker (2017)

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016)

Called The Blackcoat's Daughter in other countries.

The Man From Nowhere

Waa ha, oh look an Indian remake of The Man From Nowhere even down to the nail polish...

Marathon Man (Schlesinger, 1976)

Dustin Hoffman's 70s work has yet to thoroughly impress me. His character in Midnight Cowboy comes the closest I suppose, but neither Marathon Man nor Straw Dogs were the home runs I was anticipating. On this occasion, I believe the shortcomings can be chalked up to William Goldman's adaptation of his own novel. I say that despite The Princess Bride being a glaring counter example.

This on-the-run thriller keeps getting bogged down in subplots that aren't essential to the (lack of) character development and work against the kind of momentum you want out of a movie like this.

WARNING: spoilers below
There's supposed to be this wound that won't heal regarding the father's death, but the flashbacks and essays don't go anywhere despite the final shot of the film melodramatically circling back to the issue. They almost do during the showdown when Szell accuses Babe of lacking the nerve to shoot him down, with his father's gun mind you, but by that point in the movie Babe has already dispatched of at least one other person. The trepidation is an artificial way to prompt tension and portray growth.

Only slightly less contrived is the sequence of Szell trying to figure out the worth of his goods when he stumbles upon not one, but two people in the hustle and bustle of New York City who recognize him as a war criminal. The lady who spots him at random is killed by a car shortly before Szell murders the other in broad day by slitting hit throat on the sidewalk. It's far too happenstance to be taken seriously though I suppose the movie establishes that precedent when the prime mover of the film's conflict is two old men going at each other in a Death Race when they both drive headfirst into an oil tanker.

Maybe this stuff reads differently in the novelization, but to me it falls short of entertaining shlock and sits more along the lines of clumsy, inept drama.

Welcome to the human race...
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead -

Always sucks to watch a movie where everything you see in it has already been done better before and since.

The film didn't contain any jump scares from what I recall, but it still managed to be extremely stupid, at some points I literally started yelling at the "characters" for their actions. The writing was pretty cheesy, and the average acting (AT BEST), didn't do anything to help it.
The movie was pretty alright for the first hour of it (mind you it's only 80 minutes long), but once it got to the climax, it just....I have no words...like...you just have to see the stupidity and the ridiculousness for yourself to believe it.
You should watch it to form your own opinion of it, especially when it seems like everyone is praising it, so you might get something out of it that I didn't.
It's a
for me.
sorry you didn't enjoy it

I can meet you halfway, it was cheesy at times.. like the family were way too perfect and they kept making this point over and over again and yes the end scene was kind of over the top

WARNING: "." spoilers below
nobody wouldv'e survived in that fire

But like monnoM said, which I agreed with him, what I liked about it outweighed what I didn't ie I thought it was original, creepy and I loved the heavy guitar riffs and lots more besides.

Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)

This franchise is kind of like the concept of the human centipede movies...

It starts off as something edible and then it begins to turn into sh*t. With every new entry, it seems to be taking in the same sh*t over and over again, until the newest result is just plopping to the ground as the oldest, stinkiest sh*tpile of them all. The plot in these things are as thin as diarrhea... and as messy too I can tell ya.

+

God, I loved this even more on second watch. I had attempted a Live By Night watch but wasn't in the mood for it, switched to Gone Girl. Thoroughly entertained again. I'm not sure I'm allowed to popcorn rate it even though my ratings are often emotional ones.

Pretty movie.

Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)

This franchise is kind of like the human centipede movies...

It starts off as something edible and then it begins to turn into sh*t. With every new entry, it seems to be taking in the same sh*t over and over again, until the newest result is just plopping to the ground as the oldest, stinkiest sh*tpile of them all. The plot in these things are as thin as diarrhea... and as messy too I can tell ya.

+
GROSS

Legend in my own mind

Flesh and Blood (1985)

Hmmmm

I don't really know what I just watched.

There was a decent story of love, betrayal, revenge, corruption and power, that has been buried beneath some of the worst acting I have ever seen.
It was almost like it was purposefully bad acting.
It looked like something from 'Monty python and the Holy Grail' or 'The Princess Bride' without the comedy dialogue.
What I mean by that is that as with Python the actions and voices are exaggerated and you can tell that it is 'tongue in cheek' acting.
The characters and acting was comedic, but there was little funny about the dialogue.