Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

The Founder
4.5 out of 5

Michael Keaton and Nick Offerman drove this film about Ray Kroc and his partnership turned ultimate takeover against the McDonald brothers to create the franchise we all know today.

Legend in my own mind

Nightmare Alley (1947)

Summary
I just don't think that this film was my bag. It was ok and it did a lot of things well, but I can't think of anything that I would say that it did more than well. The acting was largely good, the film looked ok, the plot was good, if a bit far fetched. There was only one character that I felt any kind of warmth for.
It was good, but not great for me.

Full review on my thread.

The most loathsome of all goblins
Nightmare Alley (1947)

Summary
I just don't think that this film was my bag. It was ok and it did a lot of things well, but I can't think of anything that I would say that it did more than well. The acting was largely good, the film looked ok, the plot was good, if a bit far fetched. There was only one character that I felt any kind of warmth for.
It was good, but not great for me.

Full review on my thread.

I like Nightmare Alley, and I think Edmund Goulding is an underrated director. His 1938 film The Dawn Patrol is phenomenal, check it out if you haven't seen it.

Legend in my own mind
I like Nightmare Alley, and I think Edmund Goulding is an underrated director. His 1938 film The Dawn Patrol is phenomenal, check it out if you haven't seen it.
Will do. Thanks Blix

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
He's pretty underrated. His work in Grand Hotel isn't given enough credit. His version of The Dawn Patrol is good but you have to remember that most of the action scenes were lifted from Howard Hawks' version.

The most loathsome of all goblins
His version of The Dawn Patrol is good but you have to remember that most of the action scenes were lifted from Howard Hawks' version.
True, but at its core it is a character drama more than anything else, and as much as I love Hawks I believe Goulding's version is better in this regard.

Also, it's a great film to show someone who thinks Errol Flynn is a one-note swashbuckler actor. The man had hidden depths

The Happening - 2008

The ending, they walk out to the blazing wind - THE MOST WIND IN THE ENTIRE FILM - and they survive. Sorry. Spoiler alert, I guess, but you already read the sentence. I guess I don’t know how to write (you already knew that), just like our good friend M to the Night.

We get Exposition Scene Something, but this one is to wrap up the entire movie just in case the audience was questioning anything that happened. Key question they asked is, why did this happen. The answer given is, it’s an act of nature and we may never know why it happened. That same logic can be applied to where did the hour and thirty minutes of my life go after watching this movie.

Full review over at my site

Free Fire (2016)

Crazy fun movie! If you're an action or comedy fan you don't wanna miss this one.

movies can be okay...
71 Fragments of a Chronology of Chance (1994):

Brilliant film. Enough said.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Legend in my own mind

Forbidden Games (1952)

Another one watched for the 13th HoF

Summary
I have found myself surprised at how much I enjoyed and was affected by this film.
It has left me with many feelings and that is key for me, as I want films to make me feel.
I was genuinely sad when this film ended, as I had to leave the world that I had been enjoying for the previous 85 minutes or so.

I loved the experience of watching this film.

The Ladykillers (2004) -

Not as bad as I expected it to be. Tom Hanks was probably the main highlight of this for me.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

The Ladykillers (2004) -

Not as bad as I expected it to be. Tom Hanks was probably the main highlight of this for me.
I know, right? It got pretty negative reviews and honestly I don;t see why. It was funny. Hanks was funny with his manic, fast snickering and refined dialect.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I Saw the Devil (2010)

Sick. Disturbing. Makes Seven (1995) look like a children's bedtime story. Well made. I thought it was pretty original. Good acting. I watched with subtitles. Not too much talking. The text was easy to follow.