Why is Netflix so popular when there is hardly much selection on it?

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”
What Korean movies are available?
Well, in my country: No Tears for the Dead, Operation Chromite, HOPE, Snowpierce (half korean), Pandora, The Admiral: Roaring Currents, Tazza, A Good Rain Knows and some others that I can't remember right know...

I don't actually wear pants.
There are a lot. I know these are there:
The Good, the Bad, the Weird
Sound of Your Heart (well, it's a TV show, but still)
One More Time (another show)
Miss Panda & Mr. Hedgehog (another show)
The Treacherous (which is half Korean and half American)
The Silenced (2015)
The Tiger (2015)
A Hard Day
Chronicles of Evil
Assassination (2015)
The Pirates (2014)
Kundo
Housemaid (2010)
War of the Arrows
Oldboy
No Tears for the Dead
For the Emperor

If there are others, they aren't on my list, but I know those are there, at least in America.

I have no idea what HMV is. I'm guessing a rental service? Redbox killed rental services more than anything else. You could probably say a bunch of stuff factored into it though as well like the rise of piracy, rental services refusing to change their format and Netflix's mail-in program too. Speaking of piracy that's another big win on the Netflix front as they offer so many shows to binge even pirates would rather pay a flat monthly fee and have everything and more available to them instantly instead of looking for a good torrent or other means of watching.

Don't know about streaming, but under "Korean language" there are 187 DVDs listed (USA).
https://dvd.netflix.com/Genre/Korean...nkce=mdp-genre

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Netflix does have a nice Korean section I will give it that. So what is this DVD section I have never heard of? Is that a place on Netflix where you can order actual DVDs in the mail?

Netflix does have a nice Korean section I will give it that. So what is this DVD section I have never heard of? Is that a place on Netflix where you can order actual DVDs in the mail?
Yes -- you pay a monthly fee to rent out up to four DVDs at a time, and basically keep each as long as you want. As you return each disc, they send you the next one on your list. Delivery is usually 2-3 days, depending on where you live, and I can't complain about the customer service. (Back in the olden days, DVD-rental-by-mail was Netflix's main business.)

everyone has different taste.

You should be grateful that you get American Netflix which has a lot more films than the Australian one.

I only had Netflix for 3 months and there was hardly anything on it. The only stuff that I watched was Arrested Development, Trailer Park Boys, Daredevil and The Ridiculous 6 Movie.

It's still good value for your money though.

Took about a year to burn through all the movies I wanted to watch.
Now, it's hard to find anything I want to watch.

You should be grateful that you get American Netflix which has a lot more films than the Australian one.

I only had Netflix for 3 months and there was hardly anything on it. The only stuff that I watched was Arrested Development, Trailer Park Boys, Daredevil and The Ridiculous 6 Movie.

It's still good value for your money though.
yah

Welcome to the human race...
I have about 200 titles shortlisted on Australian Netflix so I'm not about to complain about the lack of selection.

I have about 200 titles shortlisted on Australian Netflix so I'm not about to complain about the lack of selection.

They've probably added a bunch of new content since I was a member a year ago. There was only about 100 movies when I was a member.

Nobody said they had to be good movies, they just had to be there.

I doubt they had more than a 100 movies when I was there.

I searched for quite a few movies that weren't there.

I think we're all happy now.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I feel the OP too. I was never impressed by Netflix's movie library, so I never bothered to use it.

I still download all movies in its ultimate HD format that I want to watch or collect. The size of movies I download are usually between 11-30 GBs.