Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

"1776". My friend and I walked out in the middle of it, because it was boring as hell.
SilentVamp and Captain Steel will not approve of this post

BOOOO!

It should be nominated for the Musical hall of fame!
See, I knew it

I just turned off "The V.I.P.'s"
Coincidence: I watched this last night on TCM On-Demand!

I stuck with it just for the great ensemble cast (and if @Citizen Rules is checking in, I have to let him know it was another movie with Orson Welles that I was unaware of)!

But yeah, I know what you're saying - I almost turned it off too - too many long, drawn-out soap opera scenes that just seemed to go on forever. Too much time spent on the Taylor-Burton-Jourdan love triangle. The movie did a nice job toward the end of tying some of the different stories together, but it was too little too late. This could've been quite a decent movie if they shaved off about an hour of the sappy drama & endless pathos.

I've seen The V.I.P.'s, but had forgot that Orson was in it. Actually I've forgotten the whole movie. It's not bad, just not memorable.
It almost felt like a drawn out prelude to one of the Airport movies - a diverse ensemble cast of different characters getting ready to board a plane. If they'd gotten on the plane and there was some kind of accident or bomb after it took off, it would've been an excellent Airport type movie. (Wondering if this film might have been somewhat of an influence on the formula, if not the actual plotting, of the Airport movies).

Orson, btw, seemed to be played for comic relief in this movie (along with the woman who played the Duchess of Brighton). It would've been much better if more time had been spent on the comic relief characters instead of the pathos.

I've seen The V.I.P.'s, but had forgot that Orson was in it. Actually I've forgotten the whole movie. It's not bad, just not memorable.
Just had to add this bit of potential trivia - Orson Welles plays an eccentric filmmaker named "Max Buda" and I wonder if this was a wink at his own career.

In V.I.P.s he seems to be doing a Russian accent (I think?) yet he claims to be British, but he lives in Switzerland to avoid paying taxes to the U.K. His dilemma is he has to get out of the country because he's in trouble with the British IRS. (There is also a blatant joke in the film about Orson's weight!)

He has a beautiful girlfriend / protege named "Gloria Gritti" who wants to be a star, played by Italian actress Elsa Martinelli. Orson ends up proposing to her on the advise of an agent as a scheme to somehow funnel his money to a spouse, but to get her to agree he has to promise her a starring role in his next film (which he previously denied to her). I'm also wondering if this situation was an inside joke toward Welles' first wife, Italian actress Paola Mori or if it was a reference to his marriage or working relationship with Rita Hayworth?

I'm wondering all this because I learned the main plot of the movie (the Taylor-Burton-Jourdan love triangle) was based on the true story of Vivien Leigh and her attempt to leave husband Lawrence Olivier for actor Peter Finch! Just as in the movie, as they attempted to flee Leigh & Finch had their flight delayed by fog at the airport which gave Olivier time to get there to confront them!

Jackie (2016) - the idea is brilliant however

- it was simply boring
- the score was piercing my ears
- Portman's slurred speech was annoying,
- I understand she was trying to do Jacqueline but I half time I couldn't understand what she was saying

Master and Commander with Russell Crow. The biggest piece of boring crap I've ever seen. I walked out after 30 minutes, and that was the ONLY time I ever walked out of a movie.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The Life of Pi. So artsy.
Exactly. It tried too hard to look stylish and miss all the fun/melancholy of the book.

I always finish movies, but John Wick: Chapter 2 almost put me into sleep.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Brazil (1985). I tried, but it is the most pretentious movie I have ever seen, and could not stand it because of that.

Master and Commander with Russell Crow. The biggest piece of boring crap I've ever seen. I walked out after 30 minutes, and that was the ONLY time I ever walked out of a movie.
Well geez! You missed the floggings, the insubordination, the doldrums, the suicide, the wind, the rains, the revelry, the Arctic ice, the misfire, the weighing of priorities, the landing, the self-surgery, the recovery, the geography, the discoveries, the sacrifice, the bonding, the inspiration for the idea, the subterfuge, the surprise, and the huge and bloody climactic battle!

Well I began watching Anguish the other day and I realised: this is just the same old generic type of horror movie its on-the-nose title suggests.

It's not exactly slow burner either. And I generally have low expectations on any movie that begins with white text on black that isn't credits.

So I was really not willing to give it any more credit.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
A Dangerous Method. Keira Knightly was sooooo ANNOYING!

Well I began watching Anguish the other day and I realised: this is just the same old generic type of horror movie its on-the-nose title suggests.

It's not exactly slow burner either. And I generally have low expectations on any movie that begins with white text on black that isn't credits.

So I was really not willing to give it any more credit.
Are you referring to the 1988 film Anguish?

Legion of the Dead (made it about half way, amazingly enough. Utter ****!)
Prometheus (made it up to 20min and realised I was bored witless and didn't care to invest any more time, even if it did have Fassy in it)
Drive Angry (which pissed me off within 3 and a half minutes - a new cinematic personal record.)

Are you referring to the 1988 film Anguish?
No, the recent one. I don't think I realized there was another by that title when I posted.

God I hate it when unoriginal titles are used!

The interment exists! There is no excuse!

Terrible title for a horror too.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Drive Angry (which pissed me off within 3 and a half minutes - a new cinematic personal record.)
I loved Drive Angry. William fichtner stole the show.