Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

T-Men (1947) --- 2 1/2 of 5 Stars: As the film itself and the genre it tries to grapple, (Noir). I found T-Men to be quite average at best, sometimes not even living up to average. Noir at it's best contains social commentary with a fair blend of suspense. This film tries to offer the suspense element, but falls short so often because the set up to suspense isn't done well. (We've all heard the story about Hitchcock and the bomb under the table). In this case, the bomb is often times easily diffused and there is no tension on the screen. It's a set up, then immediate release. As far as social commentary, it's a crime film about undercover treasury agents. However, it heavy hands you with it in the beginning with the head of the US Treasury, and narration that seems to go on for about 15 - 30 mins well within the inception. Overall, I was not a fan. There are plenty of other classic noirs that hit the mark better.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
T-Men is mediocre scriptwise - common for noir - but it contains the visual dynamics of director Anthony Mann and cinematographer John Alton.

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
The Godfather Part III - 6/10 - It's a decent film overall, but it doesn't measure up to the first two films.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Doesn't look that bad if you ask me. Besides it's from the co-director of Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl, which is an amazing movie.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Cape Fear (1962, J. Lee Thompson)

Mitchum was good, and the cinematography was excellent, but otherwise, this was just average and, frankly, dated. It probably packed a punch back in the day but today it comes across as too naive and obvious. Haven't seen Scorsese’s 1991 remake, so I can't comment on that one.

Legend in my own mind
Kong: Skull Island -

My kind of blockbuster.
Off to see it this morning. Had heard bad things. You offer a glimmer of hope.

Rewatching this with my little nephew
Still a big fun

Still unique and my mood in the right track

Off to see it this morning. Had heard bad things. You offer a glimmer of hope.
Nothing I've read is downright atrocious, mostly just "eh." I can't wait to see all of that supporting talent together, though. Goodman, Reilly, and Jackson is a combination too good to pass up. But, the trailer was cool, and Godzilla had around the same kind of reception, and I really liked that one, so I'm expecting to like it more than not.

Legend in my own mind
Nothing I've read is downright atrocious, mostly just "eh." I can't wait to see all of that supporting talent together, though. Goodman, Reilly, and Jackson is a combination too good to pass up. But, the trailer was cool, and Godzilla had around the same kind of reception, and I really liked that one, so I'm expecting to like it more than not.
I hope so. Stuckmann (who's views I normally respect) absolutely panned it.

C'mon, he gave it a C-, That's not incredibly bad!

I was expecting an A-, though. Because, y'know, it's Stuckmann.

Legend in my own mind
C'mon, he gave it a C-, That's not incredibly bad!

I was expecting an A-, though. Because, y'know, it's Stuckmann.
Exactly C- from Stuckmann is as bad as it gets

Exactly C- from Stuckmann is as bad as it gets
True, he's usually pretty positive. I think he was the only critic I know of that really liked A Cure for Wellness, a movie I liked a decent amount myself.

Legend in my own mind
True, he's usually pretty positive. I think he was the only critic I know of that really liked A Cure for Wellness, a movie I liked a decent amount myself.
I don't agree with all of his views on films but he loves films without trying to be pretentious about it.

Passengers (2016)

Legend in my own mind

Watched it 10 years ago but could barely remember anything about it so watched it again.

A kind of Tarantino, Ritchie hybrid tribute.

Some very good things about the film but I feel that it had some delusions of grandeur.

Worth a watch though

“I was cured, all right!”
One more night without sleep

The introduction to Woodstock! I love him

A trip back to my childhood! This is one of my favorites!

A really nostalgic night!

your slurping, eyesight and sleeping problems.

Don't worry, this is the last one!

I don't no how I'm alive after watching all of them!

Welcome to the human race...
Stuckmann gave Deadpool an A+ so I tend to take his approval (or lack thereof) with a grain of salt.

Old Iro would have given this a
tops.
Again with this?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Don't worry, this is the last one!

I don't no how I'm alive after watching all of them!
When you posted #3, I thought, oh they made a trilogy. But now this...they need to make one more. This is my new favourite series without having seen a single shot. Based only on your recent ratings of each frickin' one.

Suspect's Reviews