Pets

Tools    

If you're using mobile, you can't attach anything directly (yet; need to add that functionality into mobile), but you can upload it to some third party site like www.imgur.com and embed it here.

If you're on desktop, click on the paperclip icon and go from there.

I got the food bin situation sorted finally.. he still pouts about that
It's definitely good to do meals, but the most important part is to use a good quality food and actually measure how much you're feeding. I took Tiny from a free-for-all buffet to two meals a day on a weight control food. I started him at 1/3 cup twice a day for awhile, then down to 1/4 cup twice a day. It took a couple of years to get him to where he needed to be, but it's important to go slow with cats.

I switched him to scheduled meals five years ago and he still starts harassing me about an hour or so before mealtime. He's a fairly quiet and shy cat though, so his version of harassing me usually consists of staring at me while looking pitiful.

I've been wanting to post pictures of my 3-legged cat Loki for awhile now, but all my pictures are on another computer. I finally decided to go through what was on my phone, mostly from Christmas (because unfortunately the cat lives with my mom - I guess that technically makes him her cat, but whatever).

Here's Loki and my brother*'s dog Koey, who is unimpressed that the cat is sleeping in his bed.
*-Same situation as Loki, so I guess this is technically my mom's dog.

Over Christmas, Loki's favourite hobby was getting in behind the tree, and also drinking the sappy water out of it.

His favourite position is to have his one back leg sticking straight up into the air.
(Don't mind the super old carpet, that room is getting renovated eventually, apparently)

Loki also likes to critique my farming skills/choices in video games.

Or maybe he was just unimpressed that I was playing a game instead of petting him haha.

We have eleven pets:

Two Dogs

Two Cats

Two Parakeets

Five Desert Tortoises

Thus we have members of the Canine, Feline, Avian, and Reptilian genuses.

Hal

You can't win an argument just by being right!
LOLZ. My dog Loki likes to get on my husband's computer chair and read the sydney morning herald.

And for the love of pets, two of my favourite people came together over furry love. Group hug Odum and Mistress V.

If you're using mobile, you can't attach anything directly (yet; need to add that functionality into mobile), but you can upload it to some third party site like www.imgur.com and embed it here.

If you're on desktop, click on the paperclip icon and go from there.
Thanks a lot Yoda. Well here she goes, Princess Leia. Don't ask me about breed, there's at least four

I love staffords!!! Chunky lil mofos. A friend of mine used to breed show staffords and offered me one. My husband said no because he was jealous they have a chunkier neck than him. Beautiful, affectionate dogs.

They are amazing dogs and often miss understood very affectionate with people and great with kids. Yes the amount of muscle a staff can carry can be quite intimidating for most men lol.

They are boofy cuddle monkeys. Quite a few in my little 'burb'. My 'grilfriend' is a sweet, smiley, bit of a ratbag brindle bitch owned by a local tradesman. Such a darling.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Some Mr. Spot related news:

As I told you, I got the kitty from the streets some months ago. Up to last night the little fella wouldn't allow us to pet him and kept his distance.

Late last night, Mr. Spot crawled to our bed and made him self comfy between me and my wife. I though that was odd, but he even allowed me to pet him. No purring though.... and he kept staring at me [seriously, that creeps me out].

I thought "well this is a breakthrough".

This morning, there I was, in the bathroom, minding my own business, when the little dude came in, jumped to the bathtub and sat there.... staring. "That's not weird at all" I said to myself.

So, I decided to break the ice and tell him about my dream last night, and while I was talking to him he was imitating me with his mouth. Cute.

This afternoon, I was playing a bit in the studio/scriptorium and the little guy came in, sat behind me in my chair and stayed there for a while. At least he seems to enjoy my playing. Either that or he is deaf like a stone.

Great story, Dev.

Creeps me out when demented pug uses her jedi mind control stare on me. Especially when I'm having a wizz.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Great story, Dev.

Creeps me out when demented pug uses her jedi mind control stare on me. Especially when I'm having a wizz.
I think the little fella is getting more used to us. I don't force myself to him and give him his pace. I guess it's working. As long as he doesn't feel us as some menacing presence.

I think that approach is the best.

Currently getting the angry I'M BLEEPING HUNGRY, YOU OLD ALPHA BITCH. FEEEEED MEEEEEEE'. back sooooon.

As I said - Man Whore!!!

Lol. Adorable. Where would we be without our fluff monkeys.

Loki also likes to critique my farming skills/choices in video games.

Or maybe he was just unimpressed that I was playing a game instead of petting him haha.
I fostered a little one for my sisters rescue group for a couple weeks that did that.. every time I turned on my tablet she'd park in front of it and watch... Especially Netflix...

I've got a cat that looks just like that; will have to post a photo soon. Half Maine Coon, maybe? Hard to tell with some, but he sure seems to have the temperament that would suggest as much. What's yours like?

Half Maine Coon, maybe?
That's my absolute favorite breed.. I have cameras up covering the front and back of the house and had seen a large tan cat for maybe a year roaming the alley behind the houses, but never came around to the front side where I put out food for the ferals.. Finally she started coming around front and I nicknamed her bashful cause everytime she saw me, she'd bolt til one night she stood at the end of the sidewalk howling at me, then marched right up and demanded to be pet and I was like "Oh **** she's a Maine Coon..."

Later my sister was like "Oh wow we can get her adopted really fast..." and I was like "Oh yeah we already did, she's mine..."

I've always wanted a maine coon.