The Others (2001)
The Ninth Gate (1999)
Bunny Lake Is Missing (1965)

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
What did you think of it?
Loved it, . Heart warming story and great performances. Depp is definitely the best leading actor of the 90s in my books. What did you think?

"but really they're just humiliated grapes"

Girl with a Pearl Earring, 2003. Webber

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, 2004. Cuarón

I won't be watching any more Harry Potter Films, This was a dissapointment,

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, 2004. Gondry

"Why do I fall in love with every woman I see that shows me the least bit of attention?"
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Hondo333
Loved it, . Heart warming story and great performances. Depp is definitely the best leading actor of the 90s in my books. What did you think?

"but really they're just humiliated grapes"

I’ve always loved Benny & Joon… and would agree, it is a very heartwarming story with outstanding performances… Keaton has always been a favorite of mine and Depp didn't miss a beat… ... There are so many great scenes and lines in this movie it’s hard to pick a favorite but I love that grape line too… and the toast instructions… don't let your mom catch you trying that... mine had a fit...

The Gift

Giovanni Ribisi was awsome! No one else could have done a better job with his part. A perfect performace.

Keanu Reeves was also surprisingly good.

Put me in your pocket...
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) ~ I really liked it as much as the first two, but for different reasons.

Lost Horizon (1937) ~ Interesting story starring Ronald Colman and directed by Frank Capra.

And a few movies I've seen over and over...
Pride and Prejudice (1940)
Captain Blood (1935)
That's Entertainment! (1974)

Stuck On You
My Rating: 1/2 (of 5)
Surprisingly not as gross as I was expecting for a Farrelly brothers movie. Quite endearing in parts actually.

The Eye
My Rating:
Does not quite reach the same level as Ringu but still an excellant film with some good direction and an engaging plot.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)

All the King's Men (1949)
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Miracle (now i feel bad i don't have a picture to post. haha.) - I LOVED this movie!!!! I got so into it I was actually honest to god cheering! that was when they KNEW how to play hockey, none of this "No Hitting" crap of today. lol. I HIGHLY reccomend it to everyone. the movie, not playing hockey....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Armide (segment from Aria) (d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1987)
Wild Strawberries (d. Ingmar Bergman, 1957)

A system of cells interlinked
Fargo, yet again. The compositional skills exercised in this film are stunning, to say the least. I notice new and interesting frames each time I watch. Really loving the Coen's work lately.

Originally Posted by jrs
Has anyone seen the updated Stepford Wives yet? I am going to tonight. Someone let me know, if possible, their opinion before then. Thanks.
The new Stepford Wives is O.K., but nothing more. It starts out horribly, goes on cruise control through most of the film, and wakes up a bit for the finale. Overall, I'd recommend Saved! or Super Size Me as much better films in theaters right now.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Thanks Holden. I am taking my mom by the way, she really wants to see Stepford Wives anyways. I am curious about the flick too. I'll let you guys know my opinion on it when I get back.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
The Day After Tomorrow

2 x 50 Years of French Cinema (d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1995)
A Decade Under the Influence (d. Ted Demme & Richard LaGravenese, 2003)
Super Size Me (d. Morgan Spurlock, 2004)