name of a movie of dreams (?) with droning factories (?)

Tools    

DZG
So... A few years back I found this movie in a list and stupidly never wrote the name down. I think I was looking at alternate horror movies or weird unknown movies, cause I was stumbling a lot upon things like Begotten, Jacob's Ladder and the likes... Then there was this movie.
It had to do with a guy in a desolate field (I can't remember if it was a dream or not) and in the distance he could hear the droning of factories (I don't remember if they were factories, but he could definitely hear something in the distance. I'm about 60% sure they were factories). As far as I remember, the movie was not in English (but I'm not sure of this information) and the main character was a white guy. The stills from the movie in the website made it look like a not very colorful movie, with lots of grey in it. I saw it listed in a website somewhere and could never find it again (I've tried. A lot). Can anybody help me? I know I remember little of it, but does anything ring a bell? What's the name of this movie?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

DZG
I will watch this City of Lost Children cause it looks interesting, but I'm 99% sure that's not it. I don't remember anything to do with kids from that movie and this one looks a lot more "cartoonish" in a way? I don't know, in my mind this last sentence made sense.

If it happens to be this one, I'll let you know, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

softly weeping nastassja kinski
i too was going to suggest eraserhead!