Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Shotgun Stories is still probably my favourite from him and i've now seen all five he has directed.
I didn't notice you talk about Loving. How did you like it? I can't wait, probably have to wait for VOD like I did for Midnight Special.

I didn't notice you talk about Loving. How did you like it? I can't wait, probably have to wait for VOD like I did for Midnight Special.
I thought it was better than Midnight Special but not as good as his first three. Everything; acting, dialogue, directing, etc, was well done i just didn't really connect with it so if you do more than me i can see it being one of your favourites of the year. It's only really problem is it is really, really, understated to the point that it feels like a straightforward presentation of the events at times. Or it did for me at least. Hope you like it.

Here's my post but it has spoilers so i wouldn't read it, so i don't even know why i'm linking it - http://www.movieforums.com/community...70#post1610470

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Fidel (2002 TV Movie/Mini-Series)

I wasn't impressed. Took me a week to finish this TV Mini-Series. It takes Castro from hero to nutjob in a long 3h 26min. Includes many faces I recognized. Lopez gets one in the head. Bernal is barely there. Velasquez is that chicky-poo from The Mummy. I also recognized Compte and Plana (from Miami Vice on TV). I've never seen the guy who plays Fidel. It was a chore to finish it.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	lopez.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	28021  

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Mississipi Grind (2016)

GOOD movie. Great soundtrack.

“I was cured, all right!”

The anime is far better! (Basilisk).

Ong Bak is far better!

01/10
Garbage! Damn!

Rewatched "The Raid: Redemption" after all this movies to save my weekend!

Run Silent, Run Deep 9/10

oh forgot, Hollywoodland. I love Hollywoodland. 9/10

Sully (2016)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

eXistenZ (1999)

-

Cronenberg flick that I think I'd most compare to his Videodrome for weirdness and quality. It's about video gaming, and that's why I never thought I'd like it. Fortunately, it's different than what was in my mind for video gaming. I often didn't know what was a game and what was reality, although there were enough signs to make me suspicious. I sometimes wondered how the actors could keep a straight face with the material. It's a good cast featuring Jude Law, a never hotter Jennifer Jason Leigh, and an underused Willem Dafoe. There's plenty of the typical gross out effects you'd expect from a Cronenberg movie, and I had a good time watching it.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Traded (2016)
-

First thought after seeing Paré, was that this must be Canadian crap. Turns out it's American crap. Crap is crap. Not even Sizemore and Kristofferson could save this film from all the bad acting and terrible lines. I think Kristofferson was laughing at Paré's acting in their final encounter scene. It just looked like he couldn't stop himself from laughing and they couldn't afford another take. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry at this terrible, terrible movie. I think I was generous with the two stars. Just to be clear, one star is for Sizemore, the other for Kristofferson and the rest is garbage.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	smile.png
Views:	530
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	28029  

Welcome to the human race...
Spiritual Kung Fu -

Where else are you going to see Jackie Chan peeing on miniature ghosts?

I thought this was verging on terrible. It would have fared better as a documentary. They say it was an "untold story". Well the untold story is that not much is untold. It's really drab.

Man saves plane full of people. Man faces mandatory enquiry. Man = hero. Done...... 4/10

'The Handmaiden' on the other hand is something special. Chan Wook Park is adept at creating brilliant beautiful scenes - but this, tailored with the quite extraordinary plot makes for a movie that is up there as the best of the year. It is quite literally "mesmerising"

His previous films have been very very good, but I say that this might just be his masterpiece. There are hints of noir, Jean-Pierre Jeunet which meet breathtaking shots of Japanese / Korean culture. Just watch it ..........9.5/10

The Secret in Their Eyes (2009)

I found this Argentinian movie a few months ago when I googled "great movies you've never heard of". It won the Academy Award for best foreign film, so I'm sure there are other members who know of it and have seen it. The story is nothing all that original. It's set up and plays out as a crime/thriller in which there's a rape and murder, an investigation, and a resolution. Much of the film is told in flashback. What we end up getting besides the crime/thriller aspect, is a love story. I found both of these angles to be emotionally powerful. The movie effectively touches on themes like passion, memories, and second chances. It has ugliness and beauty. I found this to be masterful filmmaking, with great acting and a perfectly subtle musical score. An American remake was done, and from what I understand, it is a very average movie. I don't see the sense in remaking a movie like this, in which the actual story is not the highlight, but the execution and the chemistry of the cast. That is something that cannot be replicated. After about a year of not giving any movie my highest rating, this makes two in the last three weeks after How Green Was My Valley.
Fantastic film that. One of my favourites.

Captain Fantastic -
-

A friend of mine really liked this so i gave it a shot, it was alright. There was quite a bit of corny humour and bad dialogue that actually bothered me. I get what they were trying to do with Ben answering anything his kids ask truthfully without any sugar-coating but it mostly came across really awkward, and the whole little girl says things no one her age should know/understand thing got annoying quick. Certainly wasn't all bad though, it touched on some interesting themes, had some touching moments and Viggo Mortensen and Frank Langella were very good.

Overall a mostly enjoyable but mediocre film in my opinion.