Movie Tab

Tools    

Russian Ark (d. Aleksandr Sokurov, 2002)

Wow, wow, wow.

Content, form and everything else...it's really incredible stuff.

A system of cells interlinked
Lawrence of Arabia

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

28 Days Later

One Hour Photo (2002)
My Rating: -- --
Uncomfortable viewing, great film!

True Identity (1991)
So-so comedy.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Revenant
One Hour Photo (2002)
Uncomfortable viewing, great film!
The first time I saw that I was a little freaked out but, I agree, it's a great film. After my Spanish teacher watched it she said she would never get film developed again so, she bought a digital camera.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Northfork - Bizarre, beautiful movie about death. At first it just seemed to be an average slow paced drama, but once you meet Anthony Edwards' group of characters things begin to get interesting, and sort of confusing. Nick Nolte and James Woods are great in this.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Damn you and your children to Hell!

What's even funnier is that today I watched Battle Royale. I thought it was excellent, but I was also frustrated: with such a great premise and character development I thought the director had a work of genius on his hands but messed it up a bit in the execution. I recommend it to everybody though.

Well, except to children...

I ate all your bees.
The Whole Nine Yards. A pretty decent comedy. I like Bruce Willis in comedic roles and Mathew Perry is in my opinion the best of the Friends cast. I hear there is a sequel out soon as well

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
The Whole Nine Yards. A pretty decent comedy. I like Bruce Willis in comedic roles and Mathew Perry is in my opinion the best of the Friends cast. I hear there is a sequel out soon as well
It's out now and it's just not good.

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Elephant (d. Gus Van Sant, 2003)
What you think?
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

i saw a double header of crap. New York Minute and Van Helsing. yipes.

Originally Posted by jive2keys
i saw a double header of crap. New York Minute and Van Helsing. yipes.
Ouch.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Sidewinder
Read my review on it here.

Originally Posted by Hondo333
What you think?
Well, it's funny, you know, because there's been maybe twelve hours now since I saw it, and it's really not sitting all that well with me. I appreciate what Van Sant was trying to do with the picture, but ultimately it doesn't quite get there.

I've got no issues with the film being cold [and it is], but in striving for a more innovative and intimate form [see, for example, the placement of the camera in almost all of the tracking shots], Van Sant loses a whole lot of dramatic thrust. It's good, and I liked it, but it's no Palme d'Or winner...

American Splendor

Shrek 2 - Some jokes worked, and to great effect, the animation was great, but dragged in too many places to entertain the whole way through.