Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Yeah, Voigan was the one i was talking about. Forgot about PG i knew he would've. Surprised that Inmate did. I liked that ChardeeMacdennis guy but he didn't post much.

And that K-On! doesn't look like something i'd like at all either. PMMM seems to have some action and stuff so i think i might like that more. We'll see when i finally get to it. I've mostly been holding off because Guap said to watch a few episodes of the show beforehand since that is the second movie. I know i wouldn't have to and if i remember you didn't and you still followed it fine, but i'd like to watch it properly to give myself a better chance of liking it.
I wasn't sure what PMMM was. But now that I look it up, I know I watched it! I should check that Mofo Animations List. Talking about the series, it doesn't seem to be cool at all. But once you watch it wou will get that it's pretty darker that it seems. I don't remember what was it call, a gender, that was used to descrbribe this series and others, talking about how it's a satire of Magic Girls in general by making it realistic and dark! I saw it on Netflix and I liked it a lot still I wouldn't recommend it people have their own taste, I don't see this movie as something everyone would like

Me Before You (2016)

I wasn't sure what PMMM was. But now that I look it up, I know I watched it! I should check that Mofo Animations List. Talking about the series, it doesn't seem to be cool at all. But once you watch it wou will get that it's pretty darker that it seems. I don't remember what was it call, a gender, that was used to descrbribe this series and others, talking about how it's a satire of Magic Girls in general by making it realistic and dark! I saw it on Netflix and I liked it a lot still I wouldn't recommend it people have their own taste, I don't see this movie as something everyone would like
If I recall correctly, the PMMM movies aren't proper movies in the sense of being wholly separate from the show, but rather were just several episodes edited together for a limited theatrical release. Someone more familiar with the series/films can correct me if I'm wrong, though.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
El camino (2008)
+

I watched this movie purely for its actors. Moss and Fitzpatrick got my attention. I was not disappointed. It's a solid road movie by my standards. Nothing fancy or hyped-up.

If I recall correctly, the PMMM movies aren't proper movies in the sense of being wholly separate from the show, but rather were just several episodes edited together for a limited theatrical release. Someone more familiar with the series/films can correct me if I'm wrong, though.
Damn, I said movies. Yep my bad, it's a series!

Damn, I said movies. Yep my bad, it's a series!
It's actually both, kind of.

It's a series, but they took the episodes of the series and edited them together to make three "movies."

Think it is similar to the Futurama movies which were originally aired as four sets of four episodes, basically four part stories. Later they were edited into 4 movies to make more money most likely because that was Futurama done with Fox at the time and they hadn't been picked up by Comedy Central yet.

Dog Soldiers -
-

Good film but i didn't love it. I preferred The Descent mostly because i found the situation in The Descent one of the most horrifying imaginable obviously this is pretty horrifying too, but the difference is this is a bunch of trained soldiers no matter how dopey some of them are they were always going to be better equipped to deal with something like this than a bunch of thrill seeking girls, not to mention this was out in the open. I understand how ridiculous i'm being attempting to compare these two when they are nothing alike but i was expecting some of the same sort of tension that The Descent had and it never really came across for me. Which is more my fault than the films since i was going in with the wrong kind of expectations, but i was still slightly let down by that aspect because of this. One thing it has over The Descent is a lot more action which was fine for the most part but i must admit it lost my attention at times. It was good though, i really liked the look of it; the locations and the performances particularly Kevin McKidd who i usually hate so that was a surprise; it was also surprisingly funny at times.

Also got to say
WARNING: "dog soldiers" spoilers below
i knew Megan would be a werewolf the second she appeared so that did nothing for me.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
The Revenant (2015)

I give it a 7.5 bear claws out of 10 for lack of a really good story.
It's kind of hard to expect a story in a survival movie. I've seen it labelled as a survival/revenge film. I didn't expect stories from the likes of Cast Away, 127 Hours and All Is Lost.

Welcome to the human race...
A generous rating from you, I would say.

I guess I'm around the same, though most likely with a minus added. And that's probably only if I'm in a good mood.
Understandable, looking back it seems like there was a lot of wasted potential. Detailed review coming soon.

Speaking of generous ratings...

End of Days -

Ponyo -

I enjoyed this. Don't think it would be one i'd be interested in re watching anytime soon though. As with all of Miyazaki and Ghibli films for the most part it had stunning animation. At times it felt a bit too bright and colourful though, it was slightly displeasing visually. It was daytime and good weather, or under the sea most of the movie and there were so many bright greens and blues, yellows, pinks, etc, that it felt a bit overwhelming at times. It certainly had some amazing sequences though. The tsunami scene being a big highlight.

Personally my main problem was that i didn't find the story as engaging as the other Miyazaki's i've seen even the ones i'm not a big fan of i found more interesting. Also i didn't really love any of the characters, i felt Ponyo falling in love with Sosuke happened way too soon and wasn't very convincing. Ponyo and just alot of things in this were really adorable, maybe it was a little overly cutesy at times but i didn't find it that irritating.

While i didn't love any of this and it is probably my least favourite Miyazaki, i still found it too pleasant to actually dislike. I'm really glad i watched it subbed, i could see this being pretty unbearable in English haha.

I didn't like that one at all. Well, I didn't really like any of the Miyazakis, but that might be the one I disliked most. The Wind Rises came the closest to being liked by me.

I didn't like that one at all. Well, I didn't really like any of the Miyazakis, but that might be the one I disliked most. The Wind Rises came the closest to being liked by me.
Could see you hating it for how cutesy it is. Was that the or one of the problems? I'd say it is my least favourite so far, but i do like Miyazaki for the most part.

Yeah the cutesy-ness bugged me. I also didn't find the story particularly interesting. Way too much fantasy for me. That's the biggest reason why The Wind Rises was the one I didn't mind - it's light on fantasy.

La'Aventure 8/10
The Lobster 7.5/10
rewatched Barnyard for the trillionth time infinite/10
Grande Budapest hotel 9.75/10
Evil Dead (1981) 8.5/10

I have to return some videotapes...
Blair Witch (2016) -

Can't tell if this is a remake or a sequel... and that's not a good thing.

Welcome to the human race...
Blair Witch (2016) -

Can't tell if this is a remake or a sequel... and that's not a good thing.
Can't tell if this is joking or serious...probably joking just to make a point, but you never know.

Heaven -

zzzzzzz