Lets Talk Football

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Who does everyone think has been the best player so far?
Totally unbiased, of course, but in terms of keeping his team in the tournament: Enniskillen's Michael McGovern.

It's going to go to a player from the winning side. So Payet, Griezemann, Pogba (if he has a great semi/final since he hasn't been great so far), Kroos and Neuer are the most likely IMO. Remembering i've missed two Germany games so i may be off on their players. If Portugal somehow win it will no doubt go to Ronaldo.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Not celebrating now
Imagine if England had made the semis. Imagine if they had a centre half as assured as Ashley Williams, he of the lovely Black Country accent. Imagine if they had a midfielder as dynamic as Ramsey.

Imagine if they had Bale.

Pogba has been most disappointing. France haven't looked great or anything but you'd expect with the results they've been getting for him to have been their star. I think that has definitely been Payet, with Griezmann bringing the goals.

On another note i always forget whether it is Griezmann or Griezemann and it really annoys me. haha.

I'd have to say probably Payet of the possible finalists.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
And, to the final we go! It'll be incredibly hard, we have a horrible history with both Germany and France. I think Germany will win tomorrow and we'll probably be massacred on the finals. If France wins by any chance, then I really reaaaaally want to win that match! Not only because it's the final but because nothing would give me more pleasure than beating France at their own home.

About the best players, Payet is being great! And I think it's unfair people forget Pepe from Portugal's side. He's being outstanding the whole tournamente, so if anybody wins from Portugal, it should be him! Of course, if we win, it will go to Ronaldo (or Sanchez?).

(or Sanchez?).
He'll win best young player whether you win or not. Pepe has been solid actually forgot about him. Still don't see anyone but Ronaldo winning if you win.

Football statistics site Whoscored's top ten so far.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/24...mpionship-2016

This obviously doesn't mean much but i found it interesting. Payet is first which i agree with. The only other players still in the tournament are Giroud at #7 and Kroos at #10. Ronaldo is the first Portugal player to show up way down at #24 . Pretty hilarious that the highest Portugal player is behind three Switzerland players.

Also their British and Irish 11:

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...scored-line-up

Four English players and no Republic of Ireland players

Michael McGovern (Northern Ireland) (They listened Tacitus )
James Chester (Wales)
Chris Smalling (England)
Jonny Evans (Northern Ireland)
Kyle Walker (England)
Ben Davies (Wales)
Oliver Norwood (Northern Ireland)
Eric Dier (England)
Aaron Ramsey (Wales)
Daniel Sturridge (England)
Gareth Bale (Wales)

Four English players and no Republic of Ireland players
Biased bastards!!!!!!
In all seriousness though - understandable 'cos England really excelled this time.
Oh wait ...
Biased bastards!!!!!!

Damn. I had no idea what was going on there, not sure if it was a penalty.

Pretty good first half. France looked a mess near the end, they misjudged like five passes. Really thought Giroud was going to score when he broke away there. Yeah, France don't deserve to be winning right now.

Griezmann getting five goals this tournament is a good thing. The top scorer bar has been lowered and lowered over the years until Euro 2012 the top scorer was like 8 different guys with 3 goals