Interest Check: MoFo Top 100 Action Movies

Tools    

I'd be interested in hosting a Action Countdown if anyone's interested.

I just have one question: What board should I put it in?

I'm definitely in, but I can already see the debate and confusement over whether or not a movie is an action or just an intense thriller or a drama with too few action scenes to truly be action.

But I'm in all the same.

Well we usually do a non decade countdown in between the decade ones. I think it is to early to ask right now since the 50's one hasn't even started. Personally i wouldn't want to do an Action one.

Welcome to the human race...
I think Countdown threads go in the Movie Reviews subforum.
This makes me wonder if it'll ever get to the point where there's a whole sub-forum for countdown threads (both individual ones and vote-based one).

This makes me wonder if it'll ever get to the point where there's a whole sub-forum for countdown threads (both individual ones and vote-based one).
The entire forum needs remodeling when it comes to subforums. We need more subforums.

I'm definitely in, but I can already see the debate and confusement over whether or not a movie is an action or just an intense thriller or a drama with too few action scenes to truly be action.

But I'm in all the same.
I get that. I think I'll leave it up to people's discretion with some very light guidelines.

Well we usually do a non decade countdown in between the decade ones. I think it is to early to ask right now since the 50's one hasn't even started. Personally i wouldn't want to do an Action one.
I'm aware of that, I don't intend on stepping on the heels of the 50s Countdown.

I'm aware of that, I don't intend on stepping on the heels of the 50s Countdown.
Then you shouldn't be running an Action Countdown if you can't even step on the heels. ACTION Countdown, Omnizoa. ACTION! Blow away that '50s Countdown with one of your machine guns.

I was just mentioning to Nostromo the other day that I'd like to see more genre-specific countdowns. Action, comedy, science-fiction, an updated horror countdown. I think all of those would be fun. They'd be a nice change of pace in between all the decade countdowns, especially since we're going so far back in time now that fewer and fewer members will probably participate due to lack of interest/familiarity with classic cinema.

Action movies don't get a lot of respect around here, though, so I don't know how well the countdown would turn out. I worry a little that it'd consist of a bunch of Marvel movies, when in fact it should consist of nothing but Jean-Claude Van Damme movies because JEAN-CLAUDE VAN DAMME!!!

I was just mentioning to Nostromo the other day that I'd like to see more genre-specific countdowns. Action, comedy, science-fiction, an updated horror countdown. I think all of those would be fun. They'd be a nice change of pace in between all the decade countdowns, especially since we're going so far back in time now that fewer and fewer members will probably participate due to lack of interest/familiarity with classic cinema.

Action movies don't get a lot of respect around here, though, so I don't know how well the countdown would turn out. I worry a little that it'd consist of a bunch of Marvel movies, when in fact it should consist of nothing but Jean-Claude Van Damme movies because JEAN-CLAUDE VAN DAMME!!!

An absence of Tony Jaa would also be unfortunate.

I worry a little that it'd consist of a bunch of Marvel movies, when in fact it should consist of nothing but Jean-Claude Van Damme movies because JEAN-CLAUDE VAN DAMME!!!
While it shouldn't be an official rule so as not to dictate anyone's personal taste, we can suggest that people try not to include more than X number of Marvel/DC films and encourage people to submit lists that cover a broader range of action films instead. Otherwise we'd might as well be making a best comic book movie list.

I've never really been a fan of Van Damme though. I don't find him to be particularly charismatic. I would never attest his skills with kicking and holding the splits (that's super impressive), but his acting and dancing skills should be fair game for criticism haha.