Favourite Screen Villains

Tools    

Curveball No. 3: George Wickham (Pride and Prejudice). A careless ladies man and accomplished liar who could care less about ruining two families by eloping with 15-year-olds.

Curveball No. 3: George Wickham (Pride and Prejudice). A careless ladies man and accomplished liar who could care less about ruining two families by eloping with 15-year-olds.
2005 or 1940?

He stole the film. Its a shame his career didnt go further.
I tell you what surprised me when it was on recently – that it was 1989. I thought it was way earlier than that, and only a few years before Timecop.

Ghostface (Scream franchise, various)

What scared me about Ghostface was the paranoia involved. He/she could be anyone, and the costume is relatively easy to make, just get a cloak, mask, and an eight-inch hunting knife. And a cell phone.

Helmut Zemo (Captain America: Civil War, Daniel Bruhl)

This guy's not a god, an alien, or a robot, but he's highly intelligent and manages to do what Loki, Hydra, and Ultron failed to do (spoilers!)

Boise (Cold Mountain, Charlie Hunman)

Never been more scared of an albino since Whitey Jackson in Foul Play. One of Boise's scenes that really stands out to me is when he's pretending he's playing hopscotch on a fence... While nailing a woman's hands under the planks of the fence.

Khan Noonien Singh (Ricardo Montalban) – Star Trek:

Already been mentioned I know, but I'm putting in both of Ricardo Montalban's outstanding performances. Benedict Cumberbatch, it's difficult for me to include because I thought he was pretty awful.

I actually liked Benedict Cumberbatch's performance, particularly his fights and his voice. And it's something if you manage to provoke Spock into a murderous rage.

"You should have let me Sleep!"

Cruella de Vil - 101 Dalmations

Hopefully she hasn't already been mentioned. There are far too few ladies on this list.
I'm only familiar with the original (animated), but figured I'd include all incarnations of the character as a whole.

My life's a disaster zone.
O'Neill from A Field In England. Played with menace by Michael Smiley. The famous scene where Whitehead (Reece Shearsmith) steps into (and then after some blood curdling screams emerges from) O'Neills tent is a masterstroke by director Ben Wheatley.

I actually liked Benedict Cumberbatch's performance, particularly his fights and his voice. And it's something if you manage to provoke Spock into a murderous rage.

"You should have let me Sleep!"
That's a good bit. I suppose one of the things I quite liked was that he pulled some quite weird faces at times, which seemed to convey how twisted Khan was. Aside from that I think it was too much of a price to pay to change the character fundamentally just to make him a surprise for the audience.

Alan Arkin in Wait Until Dark.