Slay's Reviews

→ in
Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Now I REALLY want to see Eternal Sunshine....I think I want to see Dawn as well, as I enjoy a good zombie flick now and then (such as Return of the Living Dead )

Originally Posted by Aniko
Wow...you just made my heart melt Bri. I can't wait to see Eternal Sunshine now. It's really a pleasure to your your reviews. They're brilliantly written, but warm and fuzzy too.
Thanks sweetheart. I'm glad I can make you feel warm and fuzzy, but I miss the good 'ol days where I made you feel wet-n-nasty.

...and thank you jrs and Sedai, I always appreciate your comments...and rep!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I just came home from seeing Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I just adored the film. Carrey and Winslet with their beautiful portrayal of their love and affection for each other was just outstanding...their performances are breathtaking.
I myself, can't even think of what exactly to fully say about this oscar performing film. It makes me speechless.

I know it sounds like I'm always complaining around here, but what on Earth's with the quoting of entire reviews?! Jason, you damned goon, I'm talking to you [as per freaking usual]!

Keep it up, Slay.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Thanks sweetheart. I'm glad I can make you feel warm and fuzzy, but I miss the good 'ol days where I made you feel wet-n-nasty.
Your welcome.~

You're sooo bad....
...and don't worry...you still make my toes curl.~

Now....where's your review of LadyKillers? I'm eager to read it.

I liked your review of Dawn of the Dead, and the only gripe I have with the film was that the zombie plague was supposed to have been caused by an infection and not just plain old death, which I think was an explanation no-one had asked for.
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

Originally Posted by jrs
I myself, can't even think of what exactly to fully say about this oscar performing film. It makes me speechless.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Keep it up, Slay.
Thanks man, I will try.

You're sooo bad....
...and don't worry...you still make my toes curl.~
Whew, you had me worried for a moment.

Now....where's your review of LadyKillers? I'm eager to read it.
I believe Chris wants to write a review for this one.

Originally Posted by bluebottle
I liked your review of Dawn of the Dead, and the only gripe I have with the film was that the zombie plague was supposed to have been caused by an infection and not just plain old death, which I think was an explanation no-one had asked for.
I don't believe the movie ever did explain it. The TV showed people making conjectures, but that was it. If I remember right, Night of the Living Dead explained it all started because a meteor or comet had some virus or something attached to it or its tail?

Originally Posted by Sedai
Slay, my girlfriend is curious.... who is the evil chick you have as an avatar?
She's my feminine side. I'm part teddy bear and rabid bitch.

I don't believe the movie ever did explain it. The TV showed people making conjectures, but that was it.
Ana states once or twice that one needs to be bitten to be turned into a zombie, now I agree that's not an explanation, but it does imply an infection.

I totally agree with your review of Dawn of the Dead...and you're right because the crowd I was in the theater with was soo into the movie, and it was a huge theater, packed I might add.

I didn't know you were this much of a writer, LS. I'm impressed.

Originally Posted by firegod
I didn't know you were this much of a writer, LS. I'm impressed.
Thanks man. I'm a bit burnt out right now, but I try. Glad to see you here.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Go to Hell.
You know I'm right.

There's no sense in arguing with a little child. You can't seem to grasp the fact, others may have their own opinions towards films on someone's thread.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Igby Goes Down is a wonderful film that honors JD Salinger’s Holden Caulfield, the anti-hero from the classic book, Catcher in the Rye perfectly.
I watched this film last night, and this is a perfect comparison!

Igby Goes Down sometimes seems like it is unsure what type of movie it is supposed to be. At times it is a comedy of a type that resembles Airplane, and sometimes it is more of a Greek tragedy. It is full of exceptional performances and witty dialogue that comes at you with a pace not unlike a Nascar race. Culkin proves that he has the ability to act well and though the film is full of A-list stars, it is he who steals the show.
The film opens as if it is to be a black comedy, however, the only thing comedic about the rest of the film is the "witty dialogue that comes at you with a pace not unlike a Nascar race." Simple lines like, "You've come a long way, baby," as he lights Danes' joint, as well as "Instead of saying something or someone is funny, why don't you just laugh," are lines that define the dialogue you're talking about, in my opinion, LS. Culkin has given the performance of his life. Culkin nails the apathetic attitude, as well as the frantic and desperate.

The only problem I had with this film was not being able to develop enough sympathy for Culkin's self-destructative behavior. I'm assuming the filmmakers were attempting to establish the sympathy through the flashbacks of Igby's experience with watching his father crumble, but that wasn't enough for me. There came a point in the film where I was hoping for Igby to "go down."
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

I know what you mean, Mark. He is like Holden in that respect, and they both wear the label of anti-hero with pride. It's like an unsympathetic chronicle of his defining years rather than a story of someone who learns through tragedy. He's kind of a prick actually, but we like him because he's cool, and hate him because he's callous. Expecting a routine conclusion of his 'waking up', so to speak, is part of what makes it unique. It doesn't wrap up cleanly leaving us feel good inside.

I'm really glad you liked it though. Now see Tadpole if you haven't yet.

After reading your review on Dawn of the Dead, Slay, I'm now anticipating it's arrival here which could be anywhere between now and Christmas, your guess is as good as mine. I'm partial to a good horror flick but lately have been disappointed so your review has given me renewed hope. Great reviews, as always. I'd be interested to know your thoughts on The Day After Tomorrow and The Old Man Who Read Love Stories (sorry if you have reviewed them already; I was too lazy to go back over and read everything).

The first film hasn't been released yet, and I hadn't heard of the second until you mentioned it. Why don't you review it, bro?

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Just curious Slay... when will your next review be posted? Or are you taking a break? I really enjoy reading every review you’ve posted and hope to see more.

Your Top 100 list has some great films and I’d like to see you review one of your top 20. Such as The Godfather, Yojimbo, Ben-Hur, Unforgiven, or Goodfellas.

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews