Movies That Made You Cry!!!

Tools    

Good Will Hunting. When Williams said "its not your fault" to Damon, I couldn't stop but tearing.

I have to admit that I don't readily cry at movies, but there are at least a couple of movies that make me almost cry (I get a lump in my throat, and the tears begin to well up):

A) West Side Story--during the part after the Rumble, after the deaths of both Riff and Bernardo when Anita, with tears streaming down her face, hold's Maria's hands, and the two of them begin singing "When love comes so strong, there is no right or wrong. Your love is your life.", as well as right after the Rumble, after the killings, when Jet gang member Baby-John is moved to tears.

B) Garden of the Finzi-Continis, when the Jews are altogether in one place, the younger woman and an older woman are hugging each other, knowing what's going to happen. I thought I'd break out into uncontrollable sobbing; I got a huge lump in my throat, and the tears began to well up.

Fault in our stars is the movie that make me cry.

Brian's Song (1971). If you haven't seen it, don't look for any background information; just watch it.
Tough sell, that one.

The Rock (1996).

Hummel: "I miss you so much. There's something I gotta do, Barb. Something I couldn't do while you were here. I tried. You know I tried everything, and I still don't have their attention. Let's hope this elevates their thinking. But whatever happens... Please don't think less of me."

Up, The Green Mile and Eternal Sunshine always get me. More recently I have to admit that Me and Earl and the Dying Girl and Room made me cry quite a bit.

Edward Scissorhands. After you have watched that movie 50 times or so, it tends to drag in the middle. I used to, after that, watch the first half hour and the last half hour, until I wore out the dvd.

Star Trek (2009): The opening, where George Kirk sacrifices himself to save the remaining crew of the Kelvin.

Then the destruction of Vulcan and the death of Amanda Grayson.

"I'm losing her! I'm losing her! No... I lost her."

Keanu reeves killing himself with a sword in 47 ronin in front of his wife

There is a movie starring Bette Midler called "Stella" (1990) which always makes me cry. You will need to see the film to have the emotions build up but at the end when her daughter (who she has fallen out with) is getting married and she is watching her from outside... it kills me every time!

While we're on the topic of Bette Mider (and i'm hardly off it), Beaches and The Rose always pull at the heart strings too. Beaches because Bette's character's best friend dies at the end and The Rose because Bette's character dies at the end after a very colourful and somewhat sad life.

Anyone else love these flicks?

Up, The Green Mile and Eternal Sunshine always get me. More recently I have to admit that Me and Earl and the Dying Girl and Room made me cry quite a bit.
Eternal Sunshine is a real tear jerker. What a wonderful movie! I found the script very original - loved it.