Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

Okay, I just deleted a few more.

If there's an issue in another thread, or harassment, or anything else, please PM me, rather than posting about it in the thread I've specifically asked you guys not to continue this in.

Okay, I just deleted a few more.

If there's an issue in another thread, or harassment, or anything else, please PM me, rather than posting about it in the thread I've specifically asked you guys not to continue this in.
*puts hands in pockets, walks slowly down railroad tracks*

After all the bile and diatribe said about this movie, I think it'd have to really be bad for me to find nothing to like about it. My expectations are at an all time low, so it may have helped where Ill be surprised

It's not like most people absolutely hated it. BvS also has an average RT critical score of 5/10, which is only just on the "bad" side of the scale. If RT adheres to the logic that a film with 60% of critics giving it a positive review makes a movie "fresh" instead of "rotten" then by that extension a critic rating has to be at least 6/10 in order to be a "good" one. It's not enough to make me automatically think "conspiracy".
I know that a 29% rating on RT can be created if 71% of critics that the movie is worth 5.9/10 or below. But still I think that that is unlikely to be the case, and even if it were, it would be extremely bizarre. I think that there can be no doubt that we can easily name literally 100s of films that are worse than BvS that have a much higher rating on RT. This fact, in combination with the scenario I am outlining above makes my "conspiracy theory" not that crazy after all.

BTW, "conspiracy" is simply a pejorative term created in the 60s in order to discredit criticism of governments/corporations/institutions that like to pretend that they are perfectly transparent. "Conspiracy" is simply another word for "long-term strategy"

I think those examples are terrible personally. Most people like Babe and Babadook a lot. Blair Witch was very innovative when it came out. Hindsight hasn't been kind to it, but in 1999 80% of people loved it. I think Spy Kids is overrated, but the RT method does lend itself to overrating kids films (an average "adult film" would be a 5, but a lot of people will give an average "kids film" a 6 because it's not for the age group that can write reviews). I agree with the Sharknado ratings. It knows what it is, and it works like that. Sharknado is better at being Sharknado than Avengers 2 is at being Avengers 2, and personally I enjoyed it a lot more. I'm going to watch BvS tonight. I'm sure that I'll find plenty of lower rated movies that I liked more and plenty of higher rated movies that I liked less. That doesn't make it a conspiracy, that just means we all have opinions.

And Rotten Tomatoes is technically a subsidiary of Warner Bros, so no, there is no larger anti-DC conspiracy here.

A system of cells interlinked
I love the fact Warner Bros have basically just called their own film rubbish.
But, they didn't...

Please refer back to my comment regarding how RT collects reviews from all over the place and then posts a percentage of good vs. bad reviews to get the Rotten/Fresh rating.

But, they didn't...

Please refer back to my comment regarding how RT collects reviews from all over the place and then posts a percentage of good vs. bad reviews to get the Rotten/Fresh rating.
Well, they did because they have to decide the percentage and write the critic consensus.

The percentage is unbiased and from other sources, as it should be. Warner Bros has basically no involvement in the website. I just wanted to point it out because apparently people actually believe they get paid to smear on BvS, which obviously isn't true.

Anyone ever consider the fact that WB wants Snyder out the door and they pretty much leaked concerns of the film and maybe they DC not Marvel tried to ruin there own film too force Snyder out but The Movie made 170 Million and 420 world wide which means they could least break even in 3 weeks time. DC maybe just cant get rid of Snyder because in the end with all the complaints he still made money with Man of steel and then B V S. I personally think a New Batman, new WW and Then b v s should have been the DC order and Threw Suicide Squad between Batman and B V S.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
My "it's not a conspiracy theory when it happens", is that Snyder was chosen to fall on the sword, while allowing Affleck (and other future JL directors) to avoid being bogged down by the backlash of this movie.

"Batman v. Superman" 7/10, which means I liked the movie, but it isn't one of my favorites. Soundtrack was awesome, story was good. I really liked the movie more than loads of other superhero movies.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Just to make few things clear, critics are silly (yea lets use the world silly...) Lets do this...

Ben Affleck and Jeremy Irons owned their characters, perfection. My friend thought he will have problem watching Ben as Bat because of his comedies, now he says he won't be able to watch his comedies because of this. Jeremy did with Alfred what Ledger did with Joker, his own take that was so similar but so different. Everyone else was good, I think Cavill improved on his Superman. Lex Luthor? Not your normal bald guy but... It worked! He is smart, sharp, sick, scared and wealthy. He is not childish at all, if anything he is very disturbing, he will do anything to kill Superman. Gal Gadot was good enough for me not to say she was bad, could it be better with someone else? Yea. Was this bad? No.

Story was all well and good, a bit clunky at the start, especially if you didn't watch MoS (but this is a sequel so...) It starts connecting really fast so I quickly forgot about that. They create a very good and justified reason for Batman and Superman to fight and no, Superman is not evil. It's always hard to make friends from enemies quickly and it was destined to be meh, but if people can accept Captain and Iron Man shaking hands at the end of each movie, then God this will be wonderful reason. As I said few months ago, this movie was not crowded, Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg were well introduced with up to 1 min scenes. Wonder Woman had similar motives as someone in the movie so her reason for being here at this time is justified. Death of Bruces parents is a intro scene so no, they don't show his childhood. For all fortune-tellers who saw all movie plots by the trailer... There is a twist, but everyone knew that, I mean they watched the trailer... Justice League was smartly introduced and reason for it's creation "flashed" in front of Bruce. Everyone with a bit of pre-knowledge will know who is "coming" in JL, and what happened in that warning Bruce got, if you don't have a clue, it makes it even better, but I doubt secret will live long in this age and time.

Batman is cold blooded killer.

Fight itself was good, could be a lot better, The Dark Knight Returns highly inspired every step of this fight.

But music... It was fantastic, speechless in all honesty, just wow...

So the verdict:

Batman/Comic books-movies/Dark atmosphere fan: 8.5

Normally: 7.5

Far from ******** rating it has (from critics)

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
I like Jeremy Irons, but NOW you're going too far.
I meant in terms of making character his own while keeping it familiar and performing very well.

I like Jeremy Irons, but NOW you're going too far.
I meant in terms of making character his own while keeping it familiar and performing very well.
Jeremy Irons didn't get much room to flex, not like Lawrence Fishburne did.