Worlds Best Vampire Movie?

Tools    

Master of My Domain
This might make me sound like a hipster, but I think the 1931 version of Dracula starring Bela Lugosi is the best vampire movie.

Yknow its sad but it is hard to think of many great vampire movies.

Interview With The Vampire reinvented the vampire concept and Anne Rice rejuvenated the goth culture. Cruise & Pitt sold it, they pulled it off. Salems Lot & Fright Night were good, but still good today? Lost Boys was a cool flick, but no depth compared to Interview. Big props to the tv series Night Stalker mention! Also Love At First Bite!

So itd be between Coppolas Dracula or Interview. Hm. Id give the edge to interview, barely. Though Hopkins, Oldman, and Coppola were great, the most horrifying scenes were Keanu & Winonas acting. Underworld is great, but none of them can compare singularly to Interview.

So yeah then, Interview With The Vampire.

Man that's good

It depends for me if I want a Horror Vampire film Im gonna look at 30 days of night

If I want a story Its gotta be Interview with a vampire

Now I will say I love Bram Strokers Dracula
and my guilty pleasure will be Dracula 2000 I just really love the Origin they gave him it fits beautifully and surprising no one ever thought of it before

I haven't seen Interview with a Vampire, partly because the title alone sounds boring and Brad Pitt as a vampire seems goofy.

With Underworld 3 you got a classic grimdark fantasy setting to present an oldschool vampire coven and with Vampire Hunter D, as I mentioned in my review of that movie, it's easily the most impressive presentation for a vampire I've ever seen. Vampires are an entirely unique and terrifying force in the world, and yet we're given more than enough reason to empathize despite their bloodthirst.

Interview may out-story Underworld, or out-structure Bloodlust, but I seriously doubt it can out-cool either of them.

And as interesting as Let The Right One In may be, I prefer my creatures-of-the-night equally badass and fantastical.

In short, I'm not against seeing Interview, but someone's really gonna have to sell me past my poor surface impression.

I'd never thought of The Lair of the White Worm as a vampire film. I've read the book, which is quite hard work but has some good moments, and although the villains have certain vampire-like qualities they're even less vampiric than Lady Sylvia in the film, with all the bloodletting that goes on in the visions for example. Perhaps it's simply the association with Bram Stoker that makes people think 'vampires' but to me the film at least is more about human sacrifice and the worship of a dark god.

I'd compare it to perhaps the most familiar snake-worshippers on film in Conan the Barbarian – where Thulsa Doom leads a Set cult and can also turn into a massive snake.

Oh how could I forget?! The greatest vampire story ever told! True Blood! I'm kidding!

Clearly we're not polling a diverse enough crowd. There aren't any weirdos voting for Blade.
Going by your brad pitt comment I'm assuming you haven't seen Kalifornia.
People don't take brad pitt seriously because he looks like an abercrombie model but he's an amazing actor and extremely versatile.

He had like 1 minute total screen time for "True Romance" and managed to be my favorite part of the movie. He was hilarious.

His character was a bit boring in Interview, it's unfortunate it was anne rice's first screen play and she didn't quite give him enough to work with. But tom cruise and kirsten dunst are mesmerizing.

Going by your brad pitt comment I'm assuming you haven't seen Kalifornia.
You assume correctly.

Originally Posted by foster
People don't take brad pitt seriously because he looks like an abercrombie model
The make-up just looks off on him in the trailer and I'm used to seeing him like this:

They hung the actors upside down for 30 minutes at the start of each night, and then traced the outlines of the bulging veins in their faces.
The makeup is AWESOME.