movie recommendations please?

Tools    

i wonder if i could get some movie recommendations from you! I really like movies set in the 60's and before (especially in the south, and especially "down on their luck" stories!)
I also enjoy movies that feature people at their trades. Examples: I loved Mildred Pierce with Kate Winslet (for the cooking aspect), The Secret Life of Bees, No Reservations, A League of Their Own, etc.
If you could suggest anything like these, I appreciate it very much!

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Try Good Bad and Ugly from the 60s, and also Mackenna's Gold

If you are not easily bothered by debauchery, I highly recommend the wolf of Wall Street. One minute you laugh, the next minute you are cringing and uncomfortable. Its one of the best movies I have ever seen and I did not think it glamorized scamming people and partying like a rock star. It really has a message against that whole world, and Leo puts on the performance of his career.

Hi sariados, welcome to the site.

You could try these movies.

Hounddog (2007)
Capote (2005)
In the Heat of the Night (1967)

try WATCHING the Italian job

i wonder if i could get some movie recommendations from you! I really like movies set in the 60's and before (especially in the south, and especially "down on their luck" stories!)
I also enjoy movies that feature people at their trades. Examples: I loved Mildred Pierce with Kate Winslet (for the cooking aspect), The Secret Life of Bees, No Reservations, A League of Their Own, etc.
If you could suggest anything like these, I appreciate it very much!
Well Chocolat's still a very enjoyable and atmospheric film.

Thanks, everyone! a great list to start with and I'm going to look all of these movies up
thanks for taking the time to recommend!

Deadpool is my best recommendation!

the Godfather is highly recommended

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
-Fried Green Tomatoes
-The Help
-Driving Miss Daisy
-The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
-To Kill a Mockingbird
-Mississippi Burning

Recently watched De Palma's Dressed To Kill kicked myself for waiting for so long.
Jurassic Park Dominion- 0.5/5
What Josiah Saw- (4.5/5)

Great film – I was watching Brad Dourif being interviewed yesterday and he doesn't seem to get asked about it at all.

Deadpool is my best recommendation!
It's silly but I suddenly realized what the name means when I remembered the Dirty Harry film The Dead Pool. I particularly like the bit in the recent trailer where someone falls to his death and Deadpool says "That guy was up there before we got here".