B-Movie HoF

Tools    

I've never really liked Troma much. It's like Jackass compared to Dirty Sanchez (DS being 'proper'/serious' B-movies). I really liked Space Zombie Bingo. But I think I'm right in saying that was an independent film which Troma then bought the rights to.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I've never really liked Troma much. It's like Jackass compared to Dirty Sanchez (DS being 'proper'/serious' B-movies). I really liked Space Zombie Bingo. But I think I'm right in saying that was an independent film which Troma then bought the rights to.
I believe you are correct, Troma have been buying and distributing under their banner for the last 30 years at least, a few of their more well known movies are actually just that.

Do battle with a Samurai in an ice cave, surrounded by great minds and great murderers frozen in an evil sorcerers morbid real life wax museum? .. HELL YEAH!!

A guest appearance by the best band to come off the LA Sunset strip, W.A.S.P? HELL YEAH!!

So far, this is the one I've enjoyed the least, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit, I just found the scenes I was really enjoying were a little few and far between. But the concept of Magic vs Technology is actually pretty cool, and I can't say it's poorly exectuted as the technology that the film purports to be advanced for it's time seems plausible. Also the main characters girlfriend is kind of cute. The stream link didn't work so I had to download it, and I think I'm actually going to keep it to view again at a later date.

That POSTER... I want it.

Ghost Ship

I remember seeing this in theaters with some friends when I was in grade 9 or 10. And all I really remembered was the beginning and how after watching all the people on deck except the little girl, get basically halved by the wire, which kind of now makes me think about the Omen remake where the guy gets decapitated near the climax, I have no idea why lol /offtrack. Me and my friends started laughing our asses off because of the cheese factor, now usually this behaviour would have made us enemies, but to be honest I don't really remember anyone else in the theater, and after that I don't really remember anyone talking about this movie in more than passing reference, it was just mediocre and was left for the annals of time.

Honestly, the plot could be worked into something alright, but all I ended up thinking of the entire time I was watching this was "Why the hell would they even go on the damn boat in the first place, to hell with the profit, the creep factor is too great" but oh well.. But the acting in this movie is what kind of bugs me the most, I found a few performances came across as less than genuine, and you can see through them like saran wrap, it's like they have a hard time trying to be natural and show the emotions necessary to act in these situations, I know B-Movies don't usually have the best acting, but dammit they usually have heart.

After we see the salvage crew lose their only means of transportation and be physically and mentally assailed for what seems like weeks we are privvy to some history of the ill fated vessel and thrust into what seems like flashback/hallucination hell with what I believe is a sexy lounge singer and backup band, a Marilyn Manson song, what looks like an MP40, crates of gold bars, fancy sports cars of the era and subsequently people being shot up..

KABOOM the boat goes down and now all we see is the souls of those who perished swimming towards the surface, so they may reach heaven, and boy do they.. en masse. Our lone survivor floats among the wreckage of the vessel (or the movie, I can't decide which). She is eventually rescued and taken back to shore, were it seems the madness does not end quite yet...

Credits roll, and so should've heads for making this damned movie in the first place.

I give you one thing Cloud you're godd*mn hilarious hahahaha

kind of disappointed you didn't like the movie more than that..

It's kind of funny because I found this film to be aesthetically similar to 13 Ghosts(Same director) it uses a lot of the same camera work and it kind of had the same atmosphere. See I love 13 Ghosts, I've seen it many times. But Ghost Ship was always a pass for me, sorry Derek.

If you're going to watch rubbish B-movies, make them proper rubbish B-movies.

That's not an endorsement, btw. I've not seen Death Ship since I was about 10, but I remember it being very dull.

Great job Clouds You've been a great addition to this HoF and to the whole forum.
Wtf you've been here over 11 years; I thought you were new! Where you been?

Woody Allen is a pedophille
The Toxic Avenger

I have always been interested in Troma, but never actually gave them a chance. I thought this film was hilarious, and Troma is very good at what they do. That being said, I do enjoy movies like Miami Connection or Hard Ticket to Hawaii much more that this, even though this film is higher quality. I guess it is just that with those movies, you can see people trying and failing to make a good film, but with Troma, you see people trying to make a bad film. That being said I still enjoyed the movie very much, and would recommend it to anyone with a sick taste of humor.

Quality Rating:
+
Enjoyment Rating:

Wtf you've been here over 11 years; I thought you were new! Where you been?

Yeah I have been here for 11 years, started posting as Animal_Mother, then switched too Electric_Wizard, Yoda was nice enough when I made an intro thread to amalgamate my accounts into this one, I got a snazzy new name, but serious history.

When I started posting here I was in High school and on track for university, but decided to take a year off to pursue study in the areas of women, parties and loud music. After a year or so I was offered an opportunity to work with family in underground infrastructure(I was a tunnel rat) I ended up making good money, travelling around the country doing work just about everywhere. Now I am waiting for work to return to normal, but I think I'm finally going to use some of the cash I've saved for an education. Crawling around in this sucks ass guys, believe me.

Basically we put things like this

Into the ground, to make way for pipe like this
(We do pipe anywhere from 12 inch to 101 inch in diameter. And sometimes you have to hand tunnel with picks and jack hammers if the rock is too dense to cut through. Back in October we spent 3 weeks hand tunneling 40 feet, because there was a huge vein of super hard rock that deflected the pipe going into the ground, and we had to hand tunnel one side out, and pack the stuff we took out into the outside of the pipe to stabilize it. This pipe was 36" in diameter. I'm 6'3ish? it sucked. But sometimes it's easy like this, and thats easy money.

Push the pipe in, lower pipe, fit pipe, weld pipe, repeat. Mind you it can take 12 hours to even get a few feet. The worst I ever saw was 2.4 feet in roughly 12 hours.

/Highjack

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I can't believe I've gotten people to watch this movie!!!!

Hahahahahahaha.

Suspect's Reviews

Yes, I'm alive, and I just watched
Hard Ticket To Hawaii:

"Just when you thought it was safe to take a pee", Hard Ticket To Hawaii is a fun movie. It's my favorite kind of B-movie: incoherently plotted, over the top in its action, and featuring a great score led by a catchy theme song, along with bloods, boobs, and ridiculous quotes ("n****** go long, white guys hold them back" is my co-favorite with "I'm supposed to be soft. I'm a woman"). I also got to see a man killed by a frisbee, so that happened. Ridiculous in the best way.