The MoFo Top 100 Documentaries Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I haven't seen the Bullsh*t movies - I mean, the Dumbass movies - wait, what are they called?

Jackass wasn't on my list or anything, but I admit, it can be pretty funny. A lot of it's just plain old stupid, but there is occasionally a genius to the way in which it is stupid, and sometimes the stupidity is so unabashed that it wins you over.

I wrote a review of one of them in 2011 that tries to explain what I'm talking about:

No matter how highbrow your sense of humor may be it's difficult to suppress a laugh when someone gets on a jet ski and flies off a ramp directly into a shrubbery. Knoxville is, as much as it might upset people to acknowledge, a modernized synthesis of Evel Knievel and the Three Stooges, and the latest example of a timeless comedic principle: pain will always be funny as long as the people getting hurt can smile and shake it off.

I'm not a Jackass hater and am not bothered by it's inclusion on this list, but Jackass never once made me laugh. Maybe that's why I'm entirely indifferent to the show.

I didn't put it in my list, but I still often think of one of the Jackass scenes to this day.

I forget which one it was in, but they had a guy pretend to be a terrorist to a cab driver on the way to the airport or something. The cab driver (one of the broken lizard guys IIRC) was in on the idea, and then pretended to honestly believe the guy was a terrorist. The cab driver locked him in the trunk and fired off blanks to make it seem like the cab driver started shooting the other cast and crew members for being co-conspirators.

They had this guy in the trunk thinking he was going to die.

Eventually, they let him out and reveal the prank. The guy is shell-shocked and clearly just happy to be alive. After the initial reveal, they also tell the guy that the fake beard they put on him is made of pubes.

For some reason, it still kills me thinking of how they basically put this guy through psychological torture, they had him believe he was moments away from death, and the final piece of the scene is "Ha ha! We put pubes on your face! Grooooss!".

Master of My Domain
Looks like I'm the only one who hasn't seen a single Jackass film. They simply don't interest me.

Master of My Domain
I'd rather watch another crappy episode of America's Funniest Home Videos.

Looks like I'm the only one who hasn't seen a single Jackass film. They simply don't interest me.
I saw the first one, just because it was there. I used to occasionally watch the show and also Wildboyz. They had their moments.

Nope. I haven't seen them either. I have no interest in them either.
Me three, never saw one. But unlike you two, I might watch one or even two.

Nope. I haven't seen them either. I have no interest in them either.
Big surprise.

Me three, never saw one. But unlike you two, I might watch one or even two.
Everybody has to see Jackass: The Movie and Jackass Number Two now.

They made the Documentaries Countdown. They're very important films.

They made the Documentaries Countdown. They're very important films.
Nice. I needed a laugh today.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."