Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
I'm not saying that the movie was fantastic or extraordinary, I just found it original and better than what I expected. There are (a lot) of flaws, but, again, I haven't watched the others so, as an original movie, it's good
I'd be hard-pressed to call Taken 3 "original" seeing as it shamelessly rips off the plot of The Fugitive rather than use the exact same abduction plot as the first two movies. The rest of my thoughts can be found here.

Anyway...

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford -

Pretty solid art-house Western that's a lot better than I remember.

Finished here. It's been fun.

The Gospel according to St. Matthew
+

An admirable effort....I just didn't care for it. Maybe it's my unfamiliarity with the material that has something to do with it. Even though I paid full attention, it was still difficult to distinguish what was going on and who was who. I'm not sure if the blame is to be placed on me or the incoherent narrative.

Ordinary People - 5.8/10. No clue how this beat out Raging Bull or Elephant Man to the Oscars.

Missing - 7.5/10. Very very nice movie.

The Man who came in from the cold - 6.5/10. A little dull but still a decent

Copy Cat - 6/10. A nice thriller.

Shine - 6.8/10. Really liked this movie. Especially coz of the classical music subject.

Yaaay! Makes me think I'm not crazy for giving it the same rating upon my own 2nd viewing!

But again, then I look at the text below your avatar and don't know if that's a good thing.
I think the ending to this one is better than the other two whole sequels combined (Although I actually like The Lost World, the third one I watch mostly because of Sam Neill/Alan Grant, and because the special effects are still really good)

Inside Out (Pete Docter, 2015)

Very good. On a technical level, excellent of course, with some memorable individual moments such as the abstract thinking scene. I began to wonder if the plot was becoming slightly ponderous but then a clever narrative shift ensured a really strong, emotional ending that really worked for me.

Finished here. It's been fun.
[IMG][/IMG]

The Taking of power by Louis XIV
+

carries a feeling of authenticity seldom found in films of this nature; to label this a sumptuous visual feast would be a colossal understatement. the opening act was a bit dull, but upon further watches I feel my qualms will be ironed out. this is the work of a master filmmaker, no doubt about it.

Rewatched this a few days ago. I know this gets mixed feelings, but I really like this movie. The only one of the three most recent Romero zombie movies I have truly enjoyed.

Watched this for the first time tonight with my girlfriend. A first time viewing experience for the two of us. We both liked it.

Master of My Domain
Sinister (Derrickson, 2012)

Sorry everyone who likes this flick, but Sinister is simply not a great film, cinematicaly or entertainment-wise. But I did raise my rating by a slight just because of Derek.

Source Code

Haven't seen it in a while, but darn it's pretty good. Hear the director is making the Warcraft movie, and if he keeps making stuff like this then yeah great.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.

Giant underground man-eating worms terrorize a tiny desert community.

Just saw this again and forgot how much I liked this tongue-in-cheek comedy/horror movie. Tight direction, great cast chemistry, and well placed humor make this most fun. Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward? Who woulda thunk? But it works. The rec-room shootout with gun-nut couple Michael Gross and Reba McEntire is a classic. It's an odd movie in the scheme of things, but perfect none the less. Completely enjoyable.

4.5 out of 5 screams of terror

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Sinister (Derrickson, 2012)

Sorry everyone who likes this flick, but Sinister is simply not a great film, cinematicaly or entertainment-wise. But I did raise my rating by a slight just because of Derek.

Sinister completely rock!

Master of My Domain
Sinister completely rock!
I just love how it's so easy to parody Derek.

I also don't see what's so great about Sinister. It's average at pretty much everything, nothing we haven't seen before.

The Punisher, Jonathan Hensleigh
Whatever, I didn't really care about it. There is nothing specifically interesting and nothing that I will remember, which is a pity because it could have been way funnier and bloodier, considering Mister Punisher had his whole damn family killed.
5/10

The Good, The Bad and The Weird, Jee-Woon Kim.
Fun and averagely entertaining korean take on the western genre, this movie is pretty well directed but it's unfortunately not paced as well, ending up being almost boring in certain parts. The big final chase, for example, is skillfully shot, sure, but it's also painfully long.
6/10

Crimson Peak, Guillermo Del Toro
Visually beautiful and interesting concept, but knowing Del Toro I expected waaaay more.
6/10

Glengarry Glen Ross, James Foley
Or, how a story about realtors trying to sell properties to win a car (and not get fired) can become interesting if it's supported by great writing and amazing actors.
7.5/10

Foxes (1980)

The first movie from director Adrian Lyne is a coming of age tale about 4 girls, and starring Jodie Foster. I usually like the nostalgia value this type of film provides, but I think I related less due to the 4 main characters being female. There is some decent drama, especially at the end, but not much humor, and only a couple of good songs on the soundtrack. It was alright.