Underrated Action Movies

Tools    

I'm a huge fan of action movies and have been looking to expand my collection. Recently, I added Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, and despite mixed reviews from some places, I loved it. Looking for some more underrated action titles!

And also, this being my first post, I just wanted to say hello to all the members here and I hope this forum will be an enjoyable experience.

Not sure if it's "underrated", but I've liked Executive Decision (1996) ever since I first saw it.
For me, it's the best plane-hijacked-by-terrorists movie out there.

WARNING: "SPOILER:" spoilers below
I was never a fan of Steven Seagal who was very popular at that time - when he buys the farm about 15 minutes into the movie, I knew I liked this flick!

Not sure if it's "underrated", but I've liked Executive Decision (1996) ever since I first saw it.
For me, it's the best plane-hijacked-by-terrorists movie out there.

WARNING: "SPOILER:" spoilers below
I was never a fan of Steven Seagal who was very popular at that time - when he buys the farm about 15 minutes into the movie, I knew I liked this flick!
I've never heard of it, but I will for sure check it

I've never heard of it, but I will for sure check it
Oh, it's a great, edge-of-your-seat, action flick!
If Die Hard is one of the top action films of all time, then I place Executive Decision as a close second. (And I guess it is a bit underrated since a lot of people have never heard of it.)

Some people are turned off because Kurt Russell is in it. But he's not an over-the-top character like Snake Plisken. He plays it straight as a guy who's really not supposed to be where he ends up. The cast is great. And this was the first movie that I, personally, ever saw Halle Berry in... and I must say, she's stunning in this.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter rocked! Not only that it was cleverly done too. Not my type of movie but I liked it anyway!

Do you want an action film with lots of fun action and that's deep, so deep that most people don't catch it's drift: Starship Troopers

Though it got pretty bad reviews, I'm a fan of The Punisher (2004) it has some very awesome action scenes, the fight between the Punisher and the Russian is very well done imo.

The 3:10 to Yuma remake from 2007
Great critical reception, but no one seems to remember it and I thought it was a great action western.

A bunch of these I definitely need to check out

Sinners and Saints:

Do you enjoy foreign action films (martial arts stuff) or just american action?

Some of the best fight scenes are in The Protector (foreign)
If you like gun action then see The way of the gun.
The best car chase ever made is in Ronin.
The best foot chase ever made is in Death Sentence (though not a particularly great film - so.. underrated. maybe you'll like it)

My favorite action comedies are Wing Chun and Rush Hour
A great action thriller, although foreign, is The Man from Nowhere. It has a lot of style.

Wow,To Live and Die in LA,there's a blast from the past.
Noted.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Think Air Force One is a pretty good action flick that perhaps doesn't get enough credit.