Sci-fi movie quiz

Tools    

the same as with the doggies: 12 pics, 12 movies. Good luck to you all, may the best win (for the women: a kiss of me; the guys a hand shake )

sci-fi big pics

Are you making these or do they belong to another site?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I've seen you view this thread three times since I asked my question. Why won't you answer me?

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Is that important

Does that matter? I give a lot of people a nice brain exercise and the most do appreciate that, but there are always whiners

Originally Posted by hysterio
Does that matter? I give a lot of people a nice brain exercise and the most do appreciate that, but there are always whiners
Who said I was whining? I am just curious. Then you peaked my curiosity even more by not answering. By the way, you still haven't answered.

well could to the point of the thread? curiosity is a great thing but it could be shared with answering a thead too.

"I need more sex, OK? Before I die I wanna taste everyone in the world."
-Angelina Jolie

@ ks0616: well said

@ sleezy: 1 point to you. congrats!

In the Beginning...
2: Soldier? Dune?

3: Event Horizon? Mission to Mars?

4. Episode 2: Attack of the Clones

5. Planet of the Apes?

6. Solaris?

7. Enemy Mine?

10. The Time Machine

11. X-Men

12. Planet of the Apes?

there's a frog in my snake oil
6. Red Planet

7. Yeaaaah, Enemy Mine -you're so right

11. I was thinking Back to the Future, but yeah, Xmen's probably it.

12. Planet of the Apes yeah

Some of the others look familiar but i've no idea. Numbers 5 and 10 don't look very sci-fi at all.

So I take it that you don't feel the need to answer me. I'll just assume that you're ripping off someone else's work. If my curiosity makes me a bad guy in your eyes, then so be it.

In the Beginning...
I'm confident The Time Machine, X-Men, and Planet of the Apes are all right, and I was pretty sure about Enemy Mine. I think you are right about Red Planet, too, but I'm thinking Solaris might be on there somewhere (only saw it once, though).

Episode 2 threw me though. I kept thinking Aliens, or maybe Enemy Mine for that one, or even Dune; but then I looked more closely and realized I was looking at the Slave 1.

*smack forehead*

In the Beginning...
So I take it that you don't feel the need to answer me. I'll just assume that you're ripping off someone else's work. If my curiosity makes me a bad guy in your eyes, then so be it.
I've seen these types of things before, and you could actually answer them and see if you were right (they opened in Excel). I saw one posted elsewhere a while back that had 40 screen caps on them, but it didn't have any theme or anything. There were just 40 mixed movies (and some of them were deathly difficult to figure out).

I guess number 9 could be Solaris - although i don't remember what the main ship looked like - or there being another smaller ship.

I've never even heard of Slave 1. Is it worth checking out?

Originally Posted by Lord Slaytan
Oh you bad bad man for questioning the bad plaguerist

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Golgot
I've never even heard of Slave 1. Is it worth checking out?
The Slave 1 was Boba Fett's (and apparently Jango Fett's) ship from Star Wars. It can be seen in A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and Attack of the Clones.

The screen cap shows the Slave 1 lowering into a hangar bay on that Geonosis planet.

Ahhhhhhhhh.

I've been avoiding the new star wars movies since the first one was so soul-less, so i'm not that up on the expanded history. Dammit i grew up on the Episode-IV religion, only to find the later/earlier ones turning into digital-scientology . I'm sure i'll get round to seeing the other Lucus opera-offerings when they turn up some christmas or other

I'm with you on that - nothing can beat the originals.

I was in New York on holiday when Phantom Menace came out, and I was so excited I cried during the opening text. Rather embarrassed about admitting that... even more so considering how bad the film turned out to be.

I thought Attack of the Clones was a much better movie, but rather too much like a video game.

Fingers crossed for Ep 3...

I think George and the Wachowski brothers should take a trilogy film masterclass from Peter Jackson.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by WelshBint
I was in New York on holiday when Phantom Menace came out, and I was so excited I cried during the opening text.
Nothing to be ashamed about. You are a true fan.

Originally Posted by WelshBint
I think George and the Wachowski brothers should take a trilogy film masterclass from Peter Jackson.
HAHA!

Well said!

Looks like it