The MoFo Top 100 of the 60s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
The Terrorizers didn't make the 80s list but I remember people talking about it.
Ah, alright. I remember voting for it at least and people talking about it, I had another Yang film ahead of it

Ah, alright. I remember voting for it at least and people talking about it, I had another Yang film ahead of it
Yeah I read through that thread again a few weeks ago. It came up because someone thought Taipei Story (the one you're talking about I think) was directed by Hou instead of Yang.

Lucky I caught that autocorrect, I almost said directed by you

The Breakdown...

Cape Fear

3rd (23 points), 14th (12 points), 3x 15th (33 points), 2x 25th (2 points)

The Music Man

4th (22 points), 5th (21 points), 7th (19 points), 17th (9 points)

Notes

No need to break ties here, each film was the only one to receive their respective amount of points. Cape Fear was another case of quantity being important, with a good amount of people voting for it, with an average list placing of 15th. The Music Man only appeared on four lists, but those who voted for it loved it, giving it an average ranking of 7th on each list, the third highest so far (After The Human Condition III and A Taste of Honey).

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Yeah I read through that thread again a few weeks ago. It came up because someone thought Taipei Story (the one you're talking about I think) was directed by Hou instead of Yang.

Lucky I caught that autocorrect, I almost said directed by you
My championing of Hou has been self-centered the whole time

I had The Music Man at #7. Love that film! Super songs that are very memorable and move the story right along. The songs are such an integral part of the movie and form a big part of the narrative.

Super performances by Robert Preston and Shirley Jones, the entire cast is great, egads! This could easily be called the king of musicals, only there's a ton of great musicals out there.

I loved Cape Fear but didn't vote for it; it would make top 40 for me.

I forgot The Musuc Man even existed. I remember liking it but it's probably been 25 years.

Cape Fear is good it wasn't close to making my list but its much better than the Scorcese version IMO, the Simpsons episode is better than both . Music Man reminds me of holidays as a kid with that horrendous song being played to us kids activities while our parents had fun . Haven't seen the film.

Watched Black Sunday last night. Again it wouldn't have made my list but it was a great horror film. Loved the creepy, Gothic visuals and it had an interesting story. Its made me want to watch more Bava and similar Horror films in general.

Seen - 8/18
My List - 1/25

25.From Russia With Love

You took a film class?
Two whole years. Passed and everything,

Hate Antonioni - hate Blow Up
I've fixed that typo for you, SL. I'm sure it's what you meant.

I liked the Cape Fear remake directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Robert De Niro, but I never saw the original.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I didn't care that much for the original "Cape Fear". For me, this was a case where I thought a remake was better than the original.

I had "The Music Man" as #5 on my list.

Your the student that always talks himself out of detention (banning) at the last minute.
And I don't do the homework (watch movies for countdowns) and I don't do the group assignments (Hall of Fames). And I talk too much during class. And I make fun of everybody. And I'm that guy in the back of the class wearing sunglasses and holding up a boom box, playing Yoko Ono cassette tapes.