The "Has anyone ever seen the film ______?" Thread

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Early memory at aged 9, watching "Deadly Betrayal: The Bruce Curtis Story" - my mom liked Lifetime, and I remember me, my brother, and sister watching and curious if I would still like it. Doubt it?

Has anyone seen it? I think I liked it because it was the first time I heard "Dust In The Wind" by Kansas, and remembering everyone else liking it as well. I remember I thought it was a young Howard Stern playing the role of Bruce

Good movie, bad, weird, crazy, etc etc...

American Splendor

I ask because I can't find it anywhere to rent, and wondering if it's worth buying. I ran into this guy on accident - someone wrote about him because Letterman is done tonight, and they had a video clip of Harvey Pekar, and I saw the rest, and though I've never been into comics, I'm really interested in seeing all I can.

I'd check out his interview with Letterman. They "fight" throughout every minute of every appearance, and this guy, Harvey Pekar, is pretty cool, never saw anyone like him.

American Splendor

I ask because I can't find it anywhere to rent, and wondering if it's worth buying. I ran into this guy on accident - someone wrote about him because Letterman is done tonight, and they had a video clip of Harvey Pekar, and I saw the rest, and though I've never been into comics, I'm really interested in seeing all I can.

I'd check out his interview with Letterman. They "fight" throughout every minute of every appearance, and this guy, Harvey Pekar, is pretty cool, never saw anyone like him.
Excellent movie. Worth owning? Probably not one you'll return to often.

Has anyone ever seen (1988) The Lair of the White Worm? My friend showed me this film when I was way to young and it messed me up. Watched it again as an adult and its pretty hilarious.

Okay, guys. Ever seen the movie Altered States? Bill Hurt's first movie?
I have Steve! It was recommended by someone who had great film tastes, and I've always been personally interested in altered states. When I found out Paddy Chayesky wrote the screenplay, I had to buy it on VHS.

I liked it, but not that much. I also read somewhere that Paddy wanted his name omitted from the film, but did not have his wish granted.

I adore Five Corners.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra