Television Tab

Tools    

Did you know that's part of a music documentary slot BBC4 have been running the last couple of weeks? Good stuff.

Anyone seen The Goldbergs? It starts tomorrow and, though I have it set to record, I just wondered what the consensus was.

I've given up with 30 Degree in February. It's good and I liked it, but not enough to feel that I would catch up with it. I had 5 or 6 episodes to watch and I just didn't see that happening any time soon.

I'm about 6 episodes into Fortitude, too. I'm liking that a lot more. I did have a slight concern about it at one point, but a friend who's seen it told me that she was disappointed with something that happened which, inadvertently told me what I feared wouldn't happen.

Better Call Saul (Season One)

Watched the first couple of episodes when they were released, but then waited for the season to finish before watching the rest. Very good so far, I like the slow, methodical development of all the characters involved. His brother started out as irritating but the storyline between him and Jimmy became fascinating and heartbreaking. The ending left me wanting more, looking forward to seeing him finally become 'Saul', defending criminals.

I've heard mixed opinions about Better Call Saul... I really loved Breaking Bad, but I'm quite reluctant to watch this one... especially because he wasn't exactly the best character on the show.

If you're in the UK, Hammer House Of Horror is showing on horror channel. Two episodes tonight. The first is from 10:50pm and the second from 11:55pm.

Been trying to get into Archer the past few days, but it's seriously off putting that the guy who voices Archer also does Bob from Bobs Burgers. Things like that usually don't bother me but it's the exact same voice he uses , anyway i'm going to stick with it for now because it is pretty enjoyable. Really wish I had watched Archer first

BBC4 tonight are showing Himmler: The Decent One at 9pm. Frankly, if that title doesn't intrigue you enough then it's probably not something you'll be interested in.

I was reading something about Game of Thrones the other day, which I don't watch and not read the books either so I never knew this - George R.R.Martin was influenced by the 1950's series of books called Les Rois Maudits by the French writer Maurice Druon. They're set in the 14th century during the reign of Philip the Fair and his descendants, and they're about court intrigue and family rivalry. Those books in the English translation called the Accursed Kings were favourites of me and my mum back in the 60s when she used to let me use her library cards cos I was too young to join the adult library and I'd read my way through the childrens section.
Back in the 70s the French made a tv adaptation of the books which were over 100 minutes per episode which was shown subtitled on the BBC. We were entranced. Curious and nostalgic, I've found some of the episodes on youtube that an English guy has subtitled himself as it looks like the original English ones were lost. I'm deep into rewatching it again, sadly without my mum this time, but it hasn't lost it's power.
Like I Claudius, it might not appeal to some people these days as it's very theatrical with fading into black backgrounds so scant scenery is needed, but that forces the concentration to be on the acting. I love it and I'm really happy I found it again

Unregistered User
For those who have Living TV, The Enfield Haunting starts Sunday at 9pm. Timothy Spall, Juliet Stevenson and Matthew Macfadyen,
You gonna give this a go HK? In 2 minds so might record it and let you be guinea pig?

I'll definitely be watching. I used to be quite interested in this case and I always like a good haunted house story.

For those who don't know about it.

I'll definitely be watching. I used to be quite interested in this case and I always like a good haunted house story.

For those who don't know about it.

Personally I've never seen anything interesting about that case, it was clearly just children's pranks. Janet actually admitted she faked some of it (apparently 2% ), its baffling that anyone still takes this case seriously.

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/enfield_poltergeist

I've just started season 3 of House of Cards, it took me just over 2 days to watch season 2.. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good TV series. I've never seen a TV series like it before, it's extremely well made and is consistently brilliant! Kevin Spacey is incredible in every episode, you don't often see actors as well known as him appear in TV series's but I think more and more actors are starting to do this now. James Gandolfini was great in the Sopranos, Mathew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson were both outstanding in True Detective but for me, Kevin Spacey almost takes it to another level of brilliance in House of Cards. I know they're all very different roles but I absolutely love his character in this, he's made the part his own and makes the show something special. I think his performance could possibly inspire more actors to take lead roles in TV shows with potential and try something different to movies, I hope it does. You can't beat a great TV series.

I think Tacitus is a fan. Not sure if Christine is too. I have a vague recollection of someone mentioning it was in Hulu or something like that in the US, too, so there may be others.

I thought Peaky Blinders might be my kind of thing but I never got round to watching it. My brother loved it tho and keeps saying I should see it.

So did anyone watch The Enfield Haunting? Thoughts? HK? Christine? Camo?
You'll have to wait Sam, like HK says it's not on till Sunday so you might as well watch it