18.42%
7 votes
Eddie Redmayne, THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING
38 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Will win: Michael Keaton, Birdman
Dark horse: Eddie Redmayne, The Theory of Everything
Should win: Steve Carell, Foxcatcher
Should've been nominated: Tom Hardy, Locke

I wanted Ralph Fiennes to be nominated for M Gustave in The Grand Budapest Hotel!
I completely agree with that statement.

I'm sorry but Cooper shouldn't even be on this List (I watched the trailer for American Sniper and i have no interest in watching it his accent in the trailer is terrible, that really put me off some i am shocked him and the movie are getting nominated), i'd rather see Gyllenhaal for Nightcrawler or Fiennes for Budapest. Cumberbatch is my current favorite actor but Keaton should win this

Welcome to the human race...
Given that this is the third year in the row that Cooper has been nominated (and that this time around he somehow bypassed nominations at all the usual award shows in the process) I think that someone in the Academy really wants him to win one.

As for my pick, Keaton is the only other one I've seen as of writing but he seems as good a pick as any.

Much that once was is lost
I also voted for Keaton, his performance in Birdman was amazing. In fact all the cast was great. Norton was also very impressive.

I think that Keaton deserves for the Oscar for his performance in Birdman. I bet on Keaton's victory. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him.

Though I missed a lot of the Oscar-selected films, I'm pretty set on Eddie Redmayne. That's the kind of demanding role that decides whether you're a great actor or not. And he did it with near perfection.

I want Cumberbatch to win!

I know... but who cares.. His was the best this year and this movie too!

Bradley Cooper shouldn't be here. There was far more better performances, like mentioned before - Gyllenhaal, Fiennes, Oyellowo. Probably Keaton will win, althought Cumberbatch did a very great job too, but the whole Birdman cast - one of the best ansamble performances in recent years.

I see some grumbling about Bradley Cooper, but I really think he belongs on this list. He's come a long way from the dumb pedestrian comedies he used to be in. I might even say that he's now a great actor. I liked him in American Sniper because I felt like that's a performance that he really had to sacrifice something within himself to achieve. I hated American Sniper as a whole, but I really respect what BC did.

Miles Teller got my vote even if he's not nominated... That guy got incredible talent and he was amazing in Whiplash definitely deserved at least a nomination.

Miles Teller got my vote even if he's not nominated... That guy got incredible talent and he was amazing in Whiplash definitely deserved at least a nomination.
Really? JK Simmons totally stole the show for me.

Saw Boseman in Get On Up. The movie was a bit of a boring mess. But I am totally convinced he should have at least been nominated. I was watching James Brown.

And Holy Cow Viola Davis and Boseman's scene at the end. Acting 101. Almost redeemed the whole freaking movie just from that scene.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Of the four acting Oscars, this is the only one with any drama as to the outcome, this year. Keaton? Redmayne? Keaton? Redmayne? Redmayne? Keaton? Or will another name emerge from the pack and shock everybody? Probably not, but tune in Sunday to find out, anyway.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Really? JK Simmons totally stole the show for me.
both were great if you want my opinion and the movie is a whole Masterpiece

Michael Keaton should win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Redmayne got it.

Keaton deserves it more; first because he's a veteran actor, and second because his performance in Birdman was the best one all year by any actor.

Redmayne hasn't been in the movie business for too long. he can win some other time down the road, if he stays relevant.