Bollywood movies?

Tools    

Lol.I think the last time you watched an Indian movie was in the 60's.So much has changed.Either you have never watched Indian movies or you watch those critically acclaimed movies that the general audience doesn't even care to watch.
i was talking about indian films i grew up watching .
yeah , in the past 10 years bollywood films have changed upto certain extent .

but even in the eighties films had to same culture i was describing .

in 1992 the film ' deewana ' finally showed the leading actor in love with and marrying a widow . but guess what ' deewana ' means---madman

It's just a stupid perception of India that Hollywood created in the minds of foreigners.So much has changed yet they refuse to showcase the modern India.

It's the same everywhere.We have a perception of US and that ain't going to change for a long time too

Post 1990,India opened upto globalisation and that's has made a drastic change.

Earlier,woman in Indian movies were shown as too backward.Now they are shown as too modern in most Bollywood movies.The regional languages are better

My interest in Bollywood is primarily due to the music.I love the music of the 50s and 60's,which was so soft and melodious and quintessentially eastern.There were great singers like Lata,Rafi,Mukesh,Geeta,Kishore and Asha.They were complimented by some great composers and lyricists.Lata is one singer I admire enormously.With a career spanning over over half a century,that voice just got better and better.

I haven't been exposed to much Indian cinema, mainly due to the musical content, which I don't like and seems difficult to avoid.
I also haven't watched much Indian cinema though the reason is the lack of exposure and recommendations.

I don't like the music in Indian movies but I generally don't like the music in 99% of all movies that I watch so that's not a reason to not watch something.

The sheer number of movies produced is enormous.Most are formula films,also called "masala" films with a mixture of romance, violence,comedy and steamy dances.Most have happy endings.
That also applies to every large scale film industry: Most Hollywood films are formulaic as well.

And currently Hollywood and India are the only two large scale film industries operating in the world. Japan had a similar industry in the 1950's and early 1960's but TV and Manga killed it. Anyway, if you pick the average Japanese film of that time it was also quite formulaic.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I always here about some Bollywood films, seldom do I hear something good, but I have always been interested in watching some.

Ever saw a superhero dance while singing a song ??

Watch a Bollywood film for that....

Just watched the newly released Bollywood film Krishh part 3 and saw exactly that---a superhero ( Krishh ) dancing and singing songs...

Ever saw a superhero dance while singing a song ??

Watch a Bollywood film for that....

Just watched the newly released Bollywood film Krishh part 3 and saw exactly that---a superhero ( Krishh ) dancing and singing songs...
Songs and dances have always been a part of Indian movies.I don't see anything unusual in it.

i love to watch bollywood movies , specially starring by Aamir Khan! Recently his "PK" has been released ! Any one of you guys watched that? Please share your opinion ....