How many movies have you seen this year?

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
He's been watching films for more than 30 years, so it's highly possible.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Probably no more than a couple of hundred.

Yep. 900 with shorts. Rhys is still a leader when it comes to full-length and will most likely win this contest, because since I've started my sophomore year I watch no more than 7 films a week.
speaking of short films.. I think I will try to catch some tomorrow.... like all the ones with Mads Mikkelsen in them... I want to make sure I see all his films.... he's so awesome!

I know last year I watched 500 feature length films, and a bunch of commentaries. my number would have been a lot higher if i didn't rewatch films with the commentaries. Heck I might have been able to make a run at the guiness record if i knew it was so low. only like 1200 or something. especially if you prioritize lower running times, like 70 and 80 minute movies

this year hasn't been as much.. so my guess is probably more like 200

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'd be more interested in hearing, how many first time watches Mark has had this year, than his total.
I spent four hours (while "watching" two movies I'd already seen) finding an answer for you. So I hope you appreciate that it's gonna cost you.

Apparently none of you read my posts?

The most films seen in one year is 1,132 and was achieved by Maggie Correa-Avilés (Puerto Rico) in San Juan, Puerto Rico, from 1 January 2010 to 31 December 2010.

Apparently none of you read my posts?

The most films seen in one year is 1,132 and was achieved by Maggie Correa-Avilés (Puerto Rico) in San Juan, Puerto Rico, from 1 January 2010 to 31 December 2010.
Well obviously Guiness needs to contact Mark F because I'm certain he's watched far more than that this year.

Well obviously Guiness needs to contact Mark F because I'm certain he's watched far more than that this year.
That would be cool to have the most movie-watchin dude in the world on this board

Though he doesn't pay attention to the movies he is watching most of the time by now. It's difficult to measure at some point because if you start watching too much you stop paying attention.

Though he doesn't pay attention to the movies he is watching most of the time by now. It's difficult to measure at some point because if you start watching too much you stop paying attention.
Yeah i'm pretty sure that wouldn't count for guiness to be on the computer and having a movie on in the background.

200 per year on average

My number is 150 plus there is the fact that I watched about 65 anime series this year which on average are of the length of 5 movies (usually between 5 and 15 hours), so I watched about 475 movie "equivalents" this year so far, of which 90% were animation and 10% live action, 2014 being the year which I have watched more animation than any other year in my life, including my childhood.

Yeah i'm pretty sure that wouldn't count for guiness to be on the computer and having a movie on in the background.
Still Mark F has been watching movies at nearly the highest humanly possible rate at about 20 hours of movies per day considering he says he only sleeps 4 hours a night and never stops watching TV besides taking a few minutes to post on the internet.