GBG's Non-Country Music Count-UP

Tools    

I hate My Way. Actually, that's not quite true. I hate My Way used at funerals. Always make me think the person was a dick and didn't care. Which, I suppose, sums Sinatra up pretty well.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I hate My Way. Actually, that's not quite true. I hate My Way used at funerals. Always make me think the person was a dick and didn't care. Which, I suppose, sums Sinatra up pretty well.

Would you prefer this Sinatra song instead?

Frank Sinatra - Witchcraft

James Ingram has a beautiful voice. Two of my favorite James Ingram songs were featured on Quincy Jones' album "The Dude", but the vocals are James Ingram.

29A) James Ingram - Just Once

29B) James Ingram - One Hundred Ways

It's time for another Country Music break.

George Strait has had more #1 hits than any other artist, so it's almost impossible to narrow it down to only one George Strait song that I love, so I'm just listing my most recent favorite George Strait song, plus his signature song.

Country Song #5A:
George Strait - A Showman's Life

Country Song #5B:
George Strait - The Cowboy Rides Away

I used to really like that song. It's still a good song and the words are wonderful, but it's not something I really ever want to listen to now. There again, I never was a fan of Lennon or The Beatles.

I used to really like that song. It's still a good song and the words are wonderful, but it's not something I really ever want to listen to now. There again, I never was a fan of Lennon or The Beatles.

I've never been a big fan of either John Lennon or The Beatles, but "Imagine" is one of the songs that I love.

I don't know if or how well he knew the song, but my granddad found the lyrics to that song about 10 years or so before he died. He thought they were brilliant. I printed them out for him and he framed them and hung them in his hall.

Most people know Chris DeBurgh for his hit song "The Lady in Red", but these two songs are great too.

30A) Chris DeBurgh - Ship to Shore

30B) Chris DeBurgh - Don't Pay the Ferryman

Whether he's singing as the frontman for the band Journey, or as a solo artist, Steve Perry has one of the best voices around, and these are two amazing songs.

31A) Journey - Open Arms

31B) Steve Perry - Foolish Heart

I've seen Air Supply in concert several times, and they seem to get better every time I see them. I even have a souvenir guitar pick that Graham Russell dropped into the front row, right in front of me, at one of the concerts.

32A) Air Supply - The One That You Love

32B) Air Supply - Here I Am

I've been a little busy the last few days, so I missed a few updates here, but I'll add a few songs now to try to catch up.

33) Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl

34) Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died in Your Arms

35) Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - If You Leave